Fury fight-anybody remotely interested?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This Wallin character is rated 46 on Boxrec so theres 45 better fighters to choose from......were they all busy that night ! Fights like this are embarrassing pantomime fights that belong in WWF

I'm sure max will be watching it. Knob in hand throwing himself around the living room..

If Fury cant get opponents like that out of there when in a desperate situation he has problems,personally i think he is tailor made for Joshua who is an elite finisher pushing forward under very litt

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, micky said:

That was the opinion of a lot of people...……….UNTILL HE HIT THEM .

I was just joking with max lol. Ali was a true great. Will still be talked about long after tyson fury is dead and buried ?

And just to clarify, ali fought some of the alltime greats and beat them, fury's fought no-one really  and is still struggling like f**k with rank outsiders lol ?

And to coin a much used cliche on this great site, that really is a FACT!! Lol ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 2

All these threads go back and forth weekly if not daily and we all have our preffered fighters so most of us all disagree at some point or other. But here's the thing,all this current crop have there flaws and there is not one stand out fighter amongst them. This era so far is crap compared not just to the 70s Golden era but also the 90s era which was also stacked. Due to all the alphabet titles/% cuts/Promoters/BS etc etc they can't even put together an undisputed title fight in this era. Look at all the other eras they all fought each other numerous times without a problem. jmo

• Like 3
3 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Ali was a racist f****r to. 

Serial wife beater

User of prostitutes

Left his children in almost poverty whilst donating millions to the NOI

Coward who refused to fight for his country stating " he had no quarrel with the yellow man" try telling that to all the 1000s of family's whose teenage sons fought and died over there for there Country,did they have a quarrel with the yellow man ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Jobi said:

No that's downright cheating in my eyes. Ali would have probably survived anyway because he had great recuperative powers but he was out of it when he sat down on his stool. 

It was also down right cheating when Dundee ripped Ali's glove to make the hole bigger so they could buy extra time when Cooper put him over,Ali was out of it the end of that round as well !

2 minutes ago, MickC said:

It was also down right cheating when Dundee ripped Ali's glove to make the hole bigger so they could buy extra time when Cooper put him over,Ali was out of it the end of that round as well !

Of course it was, it only gave him seconds though and not minutes like most people believe. That's what I just said, he was out of it at the end of the round and was given smelling salts whilst sat on his stool. 

4 hours ago, Jobi said:

What's the point you are getting at anyway? 

The point I'm getting at is that you said Ali's resume at Heavyweight was the greatest with out a doubt and I disagreed saying that both Johnsons and Louis was better.

8 minutes ago, MickC said:

Serial wife beater

User of prostitutes

Left his children in almost poverty whilst donating millions to the NOI

Coward who refused to fight for his country stating " he had no quarrel with the yellow man" try telling that to all the 1000s of family's whose teenage sons fought and died over there for there Country,did they have a quarrel with the yellow man ?

I don't think he was a coward for refusing to fight for a country  that treated him as a second rate Citizen  ! why should he want to kill the Yellow Man ! as he said  " NO VIET CONG CALLED ME NIGER " had he had of gone in the Army he would have had protected status like all VIPs including Elvis  Presley  and the few Congress men's  sons  that bothered to turn up.

2 hours ago, shaaark said:

I was just joking with max lol. Ali was a true great. Will still be talked about long after tyson fury is dead and buried ?

And just to clarify, ali fought some of the alltime greats and beat them, fury's fought no-one really  and is still struggling like f**k with rank outsiders lol ?

And to coin a much used cliche on this great site, that really is a FACT!! Lol ?

Probably the most complete fighter today at Heavyweight has yet to have his first fight in the division that's how bad this era is,there is not one stand out fighter at Heavyweight today. It will certainly be interesting to see how Usyk does perform now he has moved up to mix it with the big boys .

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, micky said:

I don't think he was a coward for refusing to fight for a country  that treated him as a second rate Citizen  ! why should he want to kill the Yellow Man ! as he said  " NO VIET CONG CALLED ME NIGER " had he had of gone in the Army he would have had protected status like all VIPs including Elvis  Presley  and the few Congress men's  sons  that bothered to turn up.

He was'nt the only coloured man served with the draft to go to Vietnam was he ? and he certainly was not treated nowhere near as bad as other coloured people back then because of who he was. You said it yourself he would have had protected status anyway. Did the 1000s of teenagers who died over there want to kill the yellow man ? No they didn't they served there country and paid the ultimate price .Let's agree to disagree. ?

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, MickC said:

The point I'm getting at is that you said Ali's resume at Heavyweight was the greatest with out a doubt and I disagreed saying that both Johnsons and Louis was better.

So you think the list of fighters Louis fought were better than Ali's opponents, not many subscribe to that idea I should imagine. Your opinion is your opinion though and fair play. 

Edited by Jobi
2 minutes ago, Jobi said:

So you think the list of fighters Louis fought were better than Ali's opponents, not many subscribe to that idea I should imagine. Your opinion is your opinion though and fair play. 

Louis fought everybody that was available to him and was so dominant his fights where known as bum of the month. Then you have Johnson who also fought everybody available to him whilst being the most hated man in America. You also have to factor in the times when these two fighters fought. Do you honestly think Ali with his big mouth and being a racist who despised White people would have got away with what he said when Johnson and Louis where fighting ? Opinions are just that opinions but people forget what the political climate was like back in the day when the likes of Johnson and Louis fought .

• Like 2