Night vision??

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s a weird and wonderful world sd.... apparently when we leave the eu arseholes are going onto the GL so the tossers need to watch out  

£20.00 ?

I,ve never been on a marsh at 45 degrees before Si, and after 6 hours following a Welsh hill farmer round know the true meaning of tired and then some .Tussock grass,Mires ,unused tree holes ,gulleys

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Ok so I light a fox up in the distance at night and start moving in.

If I switch to night vision so I don't need to light it up what do I need and will it cost much more than £20?

You will have heard it said a thousand times before but nowhere does it mean more than the world of night vision "you get what you pay for".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any night vision, digital or Gen 1,2 or3, is only as good as the infrared illuminator. Think of it like this. If you go lamping and you have a weak lamp you won't see very far or very clear. If you go lamping and you have a very powerful lamp you'll see further and it'll be clearer. The infra red illuminator used with any night vision is like your lamp. I use a Starlight Archer Gen 3 add on, cost me £1800 and it's the bollock5, well I think it is, but on a pitch black night you still can't see a thing without an I/R. I used to use a Firefly I/R laser but now use a Night master 800I/R. The Night master uses an infrared cree diode. I have a Pulsar N550 digital scope but the trouble with N/V scopes is you have to keep rezeroing when you change rifles. Plus digital eats batteries compared to Gen N/V. 4xAA batteries in the Pulsar would last, maybe, 4 hours. 1 x CR123 battery in the Gen 3 Archer lasts 60ish hours.

I used to use this ,S/D but now have thermal spotter and Pard NV007 add  so its sat in a box ,its the Hawke ,but sold by the chinese as their own.I put the T20 ir on top to increase range .I,d say good for 175yds with the T20 ,without about 120 yds ,like them binos you showed its only a spotter but would get you up close and personal .Cost me 125 quid now about 70 quid off ebay.

The thing is foxes can see i/r lights so a new cub or un shot at will be curious but an experienced fox thats been missed will leg it as he thinks red light bang time .I,m happy if you want to try it and see if it helps your more than welcome to see what you think .Uses either rechargables or aa batteries .Feel free to p/m if you would like to ave a go and take it from there .Its got built in i/r and recording and 5x digital zoom so let me know atb B/C 

12498-741cb3a6c08edc6ef41746c4c7d1f171.jpg

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, PLEDGEY said:

Any night vision, digital or Gen 1,2 or3, is only as good as the infrared illuminator. Think of it like this. If you go lamping and you have a weak lamp you won't see very far or very clear. If you go lamping and you have a very powerful lamp you'll see further and it'll be clearer. The infra red illuminator used with any night vision is like your lamp. I use a Starlight Archer Gen 3 add on, cost me £1800 and it's the bollock5, well I think it is, but on a pitch black night you still can't see a thing without an I/R. I used to use a Firefly I/R laser but now use a Night master 800I/R. The Night master uses an infrared cree diode. I have a Pulsar N550 digital scope but the trouble with N/V scopes is you have to keep rezeroing when you change rifles. Plus digital eats batteries compared to Gen N/V. 4xAA batteries in the Pulsar would last, maybe, 4 hours. 1 x CR123 battery in the Gen 3 Archer lasts 60ish hours.

You don't need i/r with proper dedicated gen3 or gen 2+.

• Like 2

Havent bothered putting extra i/r on my NV007 the inbuilt is fine to a long way , i might for the test put my nm800 on for a look see what the difference is but ? .The xtra weight isnt needed or justified imho atb

• Like 2
  • Sad 1