Premier League predictions

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw that it was the Wolves guy i forget his name now......the trouble is its all being aimed at the neutral tv fans rather than supporters in the ground......for the neutral tv fans its drama but if

A very well put post nicepix  and something that has been on the cards a while...  whod have thought ten years ago city , Liverpool and Tottenham would be breaking away from the top 6 to mak

Proper football man... I like him a lot... I think hes at the right club though, I know it sounds stupid but sometimes it's just a perfect fit...he could ruin his rep with a big money move

Posted Images

This has been said for ages now by everyone, but I like Dyce (spel?) and what he has done at Burnley......they have a “proper club” feel about them when you watch them or hear about them.

I like all that type of stuff.

f***ing hell, Newkid will be happy !

”The dream years are back boys, the dream years are back !” ? 

cant wait to see how that panned out later tonight 

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, WILF said:

f***ing hell, Newkid will be happy !

”The dream years are back boys, the dream years are back !” ? 

cant wait to see how that panned out later tonight 

Lol....just watched it....Maguire was solid, what's been needed for a while...

Played in a typical utd way, hit them quick and with pace, Chelsea were far too open, everytime they lost the ball they were hurt...could be a tougher year than I thought for Chelsea...

Always nice to beat Chelsea....

Young Daniel James has looked good in pre season and got a goal of the bench, a good young talent....just wish everyone would stop comparing any youngster at UTD with an old legend...he ain't Giggs...just a decent youngster ffs!! Lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Lol....just watched it....Maguire was solid, what's been needed for a while...

Played in a typical utd way, hit them quick and with pace, Chelsea were far too open, everytime they lost the ball they were hurt...could be a tougher year than I thought for Chelsea...

Always nice to beat Chelsea....

Young Daniel James has looked good in pre season and got a goal of the bench, a good young talent....just wish everyone would stop comparing any youngster at UTD with an old legend...he ain't Giggs...just a decent youngster ffs!! Lol

Shall we wait for the village idiot to arrive and say about how Chelsea are a nothing team because they had 4 stuck past them? ? 

Good result that mate and a great boost for your club from the off.

Do you think Ole will get the breathing space from fans that maybe other managers didn’t get ?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, WILF said:

Shall we wait for the village idiot to arrive and say about how Chelsea are a nothing team because they had 4 stuck past them? ? 

Do you think Ole will get the breathing space from fans that maybe other managers didn’t get ?

From the fans yes, he'll get time...he is a proper legend at the club mate, time will tell if he can get results often enough as a manager...I hope he does as hes a decent bloke and a real football man... 

I also think the fans now realise what a mammoth task it is to get back really competing with the top 2 or 3..... UTD have to realise its playing for 4th and a cup run... (I'm not saying a club like utd doesn't start every season wanting to win the league, but you have to be realistic)... hopefully the owners are realistic and fund the manager with a few quid and a few years...

Performances will be key this year, I really think Maguire is a massive signing, he is calm but defends properly..he likes heading a ball, tackling, sticking his boot in...but can pass..he'll get a few goals from set plays too...lindeloff looked far better today, he was so weak and hit and miss last few years...its only 1 game but you know as well as me a solid defensive pairing is key...

I still think they need another striker and a "proper" midfielder, theres no real enforcer in there and Pogba will lose possession a bit (he cant half pick a pass though)... mactominay played that role today...hes still young, and Mouhrinho was a big fan...I'm not sure, hes ok but I think.they needed a big player in that engine room...

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, WILF said:

Your right about the boost as well...you can sense the nervousness at times around UTD which was something never there for so many years...confidence is a massive thing in football...look at how City and Liverpool play with absolute freedom, yes they are quality players...but perhaps as importantly they are brimming with confidence...it must be easy to manage and play in when your in the groove like that

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

This has been said for ages now by everyone, but I like Dyce (spel?) and what he has done at Burnley......they have a “proper club” feel about them when you watch them or hear about them.

I like all that type of stuff.

Hate them but Dyche is class.  I'm sorry to say.

Cheers, D.

4 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Hate them but Dyche is class.  I'm sorry to say.

Cheers, D.

Proper football man... I like him a lot...

I think hes at the right club though, I know it sounds stupid but sometimes it's just a perfect fit...he could ruin his rep with a big money move

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Just got in mate...bumpy helicopter trip home

Village Idiot  probably went to Ipswich in an F14 if you went to Unt in a chopper ! Lol 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, sid g said:

cant help thinking lampard would of been better staying @ derby for a couple more seasons ..  

I thought that too when he initially took the job but then I thought “well, the opportunity of managing one of the top clubs in England don’t come along every day” so why not.

To be fair I thought Chelsea held there own in the first 60 mins and could of been a couple of goals up but utd took there chances and were ruthless in front of goal unlike cfc but it's his first game and I'm sure he will take some pointers away good and bad but I wish him well and ot isn't the easiest  of starts 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, WILF said:

You may remember how I felt about the appointment of Pellergrini mate, at the time I just thought “oh for f**k sake.....more same old, same old” and I would have liked to see one of these young modern coaches instead.

And also, the pre season before this one I watched us play City and they shamed us, in fact they changed their whole team at half time and never broke stride......we were terrible and 15 yards off the pace which isn’t good enough.

However, hands up, I have been proven totally wrong about Pellergrini because he seems to be doing what I thought a younger bloke would do and buying young lads from a decent footballing culture and it seems we are looking ahead......I think yesterday will be a decent lesson for our young, developing side and they will learn from it (well I hope so anyway) so I’ll take a positive slant on yesterday.

As I don’t need to tell you, the proof for a team like us will be when we play the teams who are around us, not the cities of this world.

I know you know the score so you will understand when I say I’m not talking the job up like a silly schoolboy but I’m not throwing myself off a building just yet either.

Id like to see us get behind these lads and see how they pan out next season.....surviving is enough this year, anything more is a bonus.

Absolutely mate.....i wasnt being fatalistic i just expected something different in the way we approached the game......did i expect a different result,probably not so what does it matter i suppose ?....no your right we,ll get behind the lads as always and see where it takes us,like you said on another topic i like my football club and am comfortable supporting them.

I do think that we can be forgiven for expecting more than just survival now though mate....this ground thing has to have some benefits to it....ok they wont be what we were told but i expect them to have made good on at least half the promise.....its not a big shift but going from hoping for survival to expecting survival i think is a fair adjustment for the size of the loss we have had.

• Like 1