Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Robbusher

Specimen perch

Recommended Posts

On 13/09/2019 at 20:09, jok said:

Now you guys. Sorry to piss on your chips. Anyone on here who knows Stoney Cove dive centre in Leicestershire knows full well that that, not only are there record perch but also some huge pike. Because there is no fishing allowed, these things have gone to huge sizes. I've dived there for years and met these guys full on and believe me , they are big. Bet the British record is in there. Jok.

Think that's the one they let Matt Hayes fish and he had something daft like a dozen 3lbers and two 4lbers in a day or two.

It was on one of his series a couple years back.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

Think that's the one they let Matt Hayes fish and he had something daft like a dozen 3lbers and two 4lbers in a day or two.

It was on one of his series a couple years back.

Don't think it was that one now....think it might have been eyebrook reservoir in Leicester?

Share this post


Link to post
On 21/07/2019 at 21:08, The Fishlocker said:

I’m jealous. There aren’t many spots round my way that hold decent stripeys. I’m hoping to get myself a specimen this year. Do you find livebaits work best or what?

If it’s not to far to travel the Cotswolds water park is rich with big perch due to the signal crayfish that abound, I know of one pit that’s being kept very quiet that has done several fish over the British record   👍👍

Edited by Greyman

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Greyman said:

If it’s not to far to travel the Cotswolds water park is rich with big perch due to the signal crayfish that abound, I know of one pit that’s being kept very quiet that has done several fish over the British record   👍👍

Just up the road from me and I’ve never fished it .......

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, socks said:

Just up the road from me and I’ve never fished it .......

I used to but it gets a bit to clickie for me prefer more wild waters were it’s you against the fish and not you against the fish and Everyman with a fishing rod, there is a lot of lovely spots up there but a lot of things are kept tight amongst little groups , my son loves it up there it’s his second home he fish,s fri to Sunday most weeks ✌️✌️

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, socks said:

I may go and take a look up there 👍

Around 200 gravel pits and the river Thames there’s plenty to go at mate also got everything else from water skiing to archery some nice lodges on Cotswold hoburn you can take the family and fish from the balcony if you want a base to explore from 👍👍

Share this post


Link to post

Lough conn and lough culling over in mayo have some beauts in them as well I’ve had them up to 2.5 lb on the prawn fishing for salmon

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Lough conn and lough culling over in mayo have some beauts in them as well I’ve had them up to 2.5 lb on the prawn fishing for salmon

There's a golf course across the road from me, I walk it sometimes, it has a few small ponds in it, I shone the lamp in it one night, and there was a few big perch in it

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

There's a golf course across the road from me, I walk it sometimes, it has a few small ponds in it, I shone the lamp in it one night, and there was a few big perch in it

Ya never fancy a chuck at them Pete?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Ya never fancy a chuck at them Pete?

I've thought about it, but I don't have perm on the place, no one bothers me when I'm on it, so I don't want to rock the boat, 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...