Jump to content
stealthy1

Bob Arum sees Muhammad Ali and George Foreman in Briton

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Yes he did but in today game there’s no way the ref is gona let a fighter take the punishment Ali took in that fight from foreman .  George foreman was in my eyes one of the hardest men on the planet

 

You know what len, that's a good observation. People talk about ali's chin, but look at the amount of punishment he took in alot of his fights, remarkable that he wasn't knocked out at least a dozen times lol 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, shaaark said:

You know what len, that's a good observation. People talk about ali's chin, but look at the amount of punishment he took in alot of his fights, remarkable that he wasn't knocked out at least a dozen times lol 👍

Just showed what Ali was made of too lol hence why today’s don’t compare to the golden era heavys, I still think it was frasier who did the brain damage to Ali. Ali was just too stubborn and durable to stay down haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Yes he did but in today game there’s no way the ref is gona let a fighter take the punishment Ali took in that fight from foreman .  George foreman was in my eyes one of the hardest men on the planet

 

I don’t know a lot about boxing or even pretend to. Know even less about the ole fighters, but just by going off YouTube an some the ole fights Iv watched recently. Then I have to say foreman was some man, tough as teak. Like I say I not watched all the big names an famous fights yet an certainly don’t even know what I’m lookin at half the time never been a boxer but you can’t deny or miss that foreman was a hard cnut, so if there’s harder out there in YouTube I can’t wait to find em 🤯😂

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I don’t know a lot about boxing or even pretend to. Know even less about the ole fighters, but just by going off YouTube an some the ole fights Iv watched recently. Then I have to say foreman was some man, tough as teak. Like I say I not watched all the big names an famous fights yet an certainly don’t even know what I’m lookin at half the time never been a boxer but you can’t deny or miss that foreman was a hard cnut, so if there’s harder out there in YouTube I can’t wait to find em 🤯😂

Not many harder than Foreman....FACT lol...

He would've  walked through Fury imo...furys lack of power wouldve been his undoing...Ali in the Jungle forced him to run out of steam...yes he got the TKO...buy Foreman was dead on his feet, punches himself out....and Ali was still stood there yapping in his ear " is that all you got, George".... f**k me brave or stupid Ali was one tough b*****d...as well as class....

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

Not many harder than Foreman....FACT lol...

He would've  walked through Fury imo...furys lack of power wouldve been his undoing...Ali in the Jungle forced him to run out of steam...yes he got the TKO...buy Foreman was dead on his feet, punches himself out....and Ali was still stood there yapping in his ear " is that all you got, George".... f**k me brave or stupid Ali was one tough b*****d...as well as class....

Run out a likes 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

I don’t know a lot about boxing or even pretend to. Know even less about the ole fighters, but just by going off YouTube an some the ole fights Iv watched recently. Then I have to say foreman was some man, tough as teak. Like I say I not watched all the big names an famous fights yet an certainly don’t even know what I’m lookin at half the time never been a boxer but you can’t deny or miss that foreman was a hard cnut, so if there’s harder out there in YouTube I can’t wait to find em 🤯😂

In the era of the big hard knock out machine heavies, to me foreman was top of the game, Ali won fights before entering the ring by the mind games as well as his ring craft and his toughness, some of them old fights weee amazing to watch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, bird said:

who will win then?, we  know what Fury about , but not sure about Schwarz . he had 24 fights , lost none , he 25 , looks big enough  , so got strength  and age on his side. they got Fury to win 1/25  , but the had Aj  similar against Ruiz  lol, so you never know ,  1 or 2 punches  can finish any fight, but if was betting man , i put £ 100 quid on Fury . 

You cant need 4 quid that bad surely 😀....1/33 on Skybet.

This fights an absolute disgrace....20 quid to watch a joke fight that is simply a celebrity appearance....backed out of a rematch with Wilder after a good fight to hide behind Bob Arum and fight somebody who has never fought even a fringe contender....Fury makes you laugh what was his famous quote " Im not interested in becoming a millionaire  im a boxer not a businessman "....mocking Joshuas opponents,at least Joshua can look himself in the mirror and know he always had competetive fights !....this fight tonight will be like something off Its a Knockout,purely entertainment to grab an American fanbase,im not even sure Yanks will hold much interest in seeing Fury taunt and dance with such a ridiculous opponent the only problem he,ll have is keeping Schwarz on his feet for 10 rounds.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

You cant need 4 quid that bad surely 😀....1/33 on Skybet.

This fights an absolute disgrace....20 quid to watch a joke fight that is simply a celebrity appearance....backed out of a rematch with Wilder after a good fight to hide behind Bob Arum and fight somebody who has never fought even a fringe contender....Fury makes you laugh what was his famous quote " Im not interested in becoming a millionaire  im a boxer not a businessman "....mocking Joshuas opponents,at least Joshua can look himself in the mirror and know he always had competetive fights !....this fight tonight will be like something off Its a Knockout,purely entertainment to grab an American fanbase,im not even sure Yanks will hold much interest in seeing Fury taunt and dance with such a ridiculous opponent the only problem he,ll have is keeping Schwarz on his feet for 10 rounds.

Exactly what I meant in one of my earlier posts gnash. I think this will probably be fury's worst contest so far, given the respective boxing style and ability of both

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ruiz was a world level fighter who had already fought for a world title and lost a disputed decision to Parker.....Joshua overlooked him and paid the price.

Schwartz has never fought anybody remotely close to world title level....i never knew who he was so looked him up on Youtube,have a look at his fight with Gashi its like a Norman Wisdon sketch !.....dont be fooled into thinking this is a competetive fight... its a sales pitch nothing more.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Ruiz was a world level fighter who had already fought for a world title and lost a disputed decision to Parker.....Joshua overlooked him and paid the price.

Schwartz has never fought anybody remotely close to world title level....i never knew who he was so looked him up on Youtube,have a look at his fight with Gashi its like a Norman Wisdon sketch !.....dont be fooled into thinking this is a competetive fight... its a sales pitch nothing more.

Hughie Fury also lost a disputed descision to Parker in a World title fight .

Some on here won't give him the lickings of a dog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maxhardcore said:

Hughie Fury also lost a disputed descision to Parker in a World title fight .

Some on here won't give him the lickings of a dog.

Hughie Fury is a fringe world level fighter......Tom Schwarz is not.

What relevance is Hughie Fury to tonights fight though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Self explanatory'Ruiz lost to Parker over 12 rounds in a World Title fight that you say was disputed.

He went on to batter AJ

Hughie Fury at 23 years old was also robbed over 12 rounds in a World Title fight v Parker .

Just saying 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...