9 hours ago, jigsaw said:

I could never swim ,i have taken two classes of 12 sessions in each class and still never mastered it ,i was sickened i couldnt manage it ,and there were 3 of us that never got to swim ,once the main numbers made the grade we wre left behind lol so i never went back and to this day i really regret not being able to swim...was in spain last year and never even put a foot in the pool ,i have a dread when the water hits my rib cage,my 3 kids are unreal swimmers ,diving and one has dived to reefs in vietnam...if there was anything i wish i could be ...it would be a proficient swimmer ....i know where it comes from too ,had a bit of a close call when younger ,got hauled out by the hair after slipping into a deep gully in the river ,

Nobody could be a bigger sissy about water than i was mate its one of them things you just have to do it bit by bit and conquer your fear i remember on holiday one year in Greece id watched people doing all that snorkelling carry on and thought im really missing out here as i love looking at fish and stuff but like you had a fear of going under water.....i bought all the gear but bottled it every time we went on the beech,then one day the ol woman caught me practising in the bath in our hotel room ?......what a big f****r like me must of looked like laying face down in the bath with a pipe sticking out the water God only knows....but it did the trick,im still not a very good swimmer and still really have to pluck up courage to go under the water but you,ve got to battle these things and not quit on yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When we was 16/17 odd me and a few pals drove out to a place called Larkswood in Chingford a couple of times one summer to get amongst the treacles all laying about in their bikinis?.... it was an ope

I love a good swim and f**k around in the water.  We go to the local baths most Saturdays or Friday afternoons. Free entry. My little girl loves the water and my boy is getting the bug as well. 

Can't like it bosun but that's spot on mate.    I've 3 girls, 2 of which live with me and have been going  swimming lessons since 8/12 weeks old. 3 year old can swim 5 metres, dive to the bo

Posted Images

6 hours ago, mackem said:

Some people are just not natural swimmers Born,i can swim but I am not exactly the man from atlantis,both my kids oddly swim like fish,are super confident in water,both have scuba certification to advanced open water and ones done a free diving course.

post-1930-0-14316600-1462363702.jpg

A good pal of mine is mad into Scuba Diving he go,s all round the world diving to different ship wrecks and stuff.....whenever he talks about it i get jealous as it sounds fascinating stuff but i know my limits ?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Nobody could be a bigger sissy about water than i was mate its one of them things you just have to do it bit by bit and conquer your fear i remember on holiday one year in Greece id watched people doing all that snorkelling carry on and thought im really missing out here as i love looking at fish and stuff but like you had a fear of going under water.....i bought all the gear but bottled it every time we went on the beech,then one day the ol woman caught me practising in the bath in our hotel room ?......what a big f****r like me must of looked like laying face down in the bath with a pipe sticking out the water God only knows....but it did the trick,im still not a very good swimmer and still really have to pluck up courage to go under the water but you,ve got to battle these things and not quit on yourself.

No doubt if there was 50 euro note on the bottom of the pool ya would soon be in scooping the fecker up lol

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Your lucky she didn’t put her foot on your neck for the insurance ! Lol 

Can't imagine what it must be like to have a fear of water, must be a nightmare. Not to long since me and the Mrs where in Cyprus, Coral bay the water is so warm and inviting I think I spent more time in the sea than I did with her, and the fact shes pig ugly has nothing to do with it lol.

Yeah, I can sympathise with those who have that fear.

3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

She was too busy rolling round the floor laughing at me ?

Yeah, I know the feeling.....it’s usually accompanied by “have you got nothing better to do?” ?

• Haha 1

I can swim in a swimming pool but soon as I'm against any moving water I seem to swim backwards ? my technique must be terrible I can't do breast stroke (like divers use) and when ever we were doing things like getting them rubber bricks from the bottom of the pool it took me some effort to get down to the bottom it almost like I was trying to swim down with arm bands on 

Just now, W. Katchum said:

I think most midgets suffer in water, Shroom be along soon to confirm or deny it ??

And black people lol

My kids could swim pretty much by the time they could walk, get them in early.

Cheers, D.

8 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I think most midgets suffer in water, Shroom be along soon to confirm or deny it ??

Think I read somewhere Mush learned to swim in the deep end of a kitchen sink ?

• Haha 2
40 minutes ago, socks said:

You never see a gold medal Olympic black swimmer .......

You do when they are being chased by the coastguard !