philpot

Three new general licenses released

I was just about to post in the big thread about this... 

Anyone know where we are then? As soon as I tell me land owners about the corvids and pigeons they’ll ask me what I’m waiting for... farmers told me ‘the f’kin branchers need thinning out, ya comin over this weekend?’

We good to go then or not? 😁

Go get em Rez all good as long as you have tried all none leathal means 

get my drift 

do not forget to take a scarecrow out with you 😂

Atb mate 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rez said:

I was just about to post in the big thread about this... 

Anyone know where we are then? As soon as I tell me land owners about the corvids and pigeons they’ll ask me what I’m waiting for... farmers told me ‘the f’kin branchers need thinning out, ya comin over this weekend?’

We good to go then or not? 😁

You will have to read it Jamie because I have not done so but I can only assume it is a 'GO' situation unless of course it says something different.

Phil

Right. I’ll go then. See what’s about. Just to have a look like... 👀

that is good news

So after all the fuss is it back to normal in England ?.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Say that again please lads - are we all ok and back to normal in England ?

We won’t be back to normal until we are out of Europe 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The pigeon license reads well, it’s a crop protection licence the line in it that in my opinion you should take notice of is “ if serious damage is occurring or is reasonably expected to occur in the absence of licensed action “ the Canada license is a public health issue, nothing about them grazing fields off so in that respect they would fall under the wildfowl season for me, I can understand why the are doing species specific licensing it makes sense to me not to put them all under the same license as a lot of them create an individual problem, I’d  be interested to see what the jay and magpie license reads like when that’s released 

Just read it and looks like pigeon shooting at the weekend 

this licence only last until December, then what happens

6 hours ago, villaman said:

Just read it and looks like pigeon shooting at the weekend 

this licence only last until December, then what happens

That’s normal, then it’s reviewed or renewed 

So the scarecrow has to be dressed in MY old clothes?

Not my brother's, the farmer's  or obtained from a charity shop, but mine and mine alone?

• Like 1

Read it very carefully. There is enough in there for a shooter to come seriously unstuck if challenged.

Especially the bit about non lethal methods still being tried even when you are shooting to kill.

Also the very last paragraph about providing proof of the damage if required, that could prove interesting. 

I posted this on AGF this morning. It will be interesting to hear the reactions from other farmers around the country.

I have already lost 1 small permission for refusing to shoot jackdaws, that was also 1 of my best rabbit areas so I'm not happy. I spoke to another farmer on the phone this morning about the new GL for woodpigeons. We are going to work around it together to try and stay legal, keep records and photos of damage etc and estimates of financial cost. He is absolutely fuming! His response is something we will see more often I think, the farm has numerous copses and thickets that provide nesting and roosting sites for all sorts of birds and shelter for many animals. Well they will all be flattened, so will the sitty trees that are around most of the fields. Hedges will stay for now but anything that a woodie or a corvid can nest in, sit in or use as a vantage point will be destroyed. It will be disastrous for many of the small birds and ground nesters but I agree with him. It's lethal for a lot of species but as long as the woodies and corvids are ok, NE and WJ don't care do they?