Nearly finished doing up this for my eldest norco one25 v3 

paid £70 for bike. It only had a front brake (hydraulic) which had no fluid or worked

paid £70 for a rough secondhand carrera kraken with loads of retro parts on it with shimano cable disc brakes , scrapped it put brakes on norco sold the retro z1 bomber forks off the kraken for £30 to claw some cash back ?

Stole tyres off my bike as I bought some skinnies for £8 from boot sale 

so roughly £120 in it ? 

A55B9760-5C7C-4213-AA52-FE55B7B1C072.jpeg

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not me but my lad 

What about peterhunters mrs ? 

That’s why you buy from 2 towns over ?

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Nearly finished doing up this for my eldest norco one25 v3 

paid £70 for bike. It only had a front brake (hydraulic) which had no fluid or worked

paid £70 for a rough secondhand carrera kraken with loads of retro parts on it with shimano cable disc brakes , scrapped it put brakes on norco sold the retro z1 bomber forks off the kraken for £30 to claw some cash back ?

Stole tyres off my bike as I bought some skinnies for £8 from boot sale 

so roughly £120 in it ? 

A55B9760-5C7C-4213-AA52-FE55B7B1C072.jpeg

Your eldest fdr, is he a 'borrower'? ?

I meant as in 'small', not a thief lol ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Haha 1
On 04/05/2019 at 22:24, Qbgrey said:

U dont ride a gun downhill at 50mph plus.comparing a gun shot to a bike is crazy.i raced dh for years at a high level,you soon learn that only the best brakes,discs,bearings,,bottom braket,fork,headset,cranks,handlebar etc,etc,will do.the abuse the bike takes is unbelievable.i tested a well known set of triple crown Taiwanese front forks for a bike shop.one run and they were leaking on the oil seal.....back to manitou at 1200 pound.

Understandable that you need quality if your taking it seriously especially on down hill but I'm referring to midlife crisis fellas that     ride the flat forest trails around here (it's all flatland gravel paths) . The quality of the bike your talking about is unnessecary if your going to do 5 weeks and give up. A basic trek bike would do all of them easily. You would have to drive an hour an a half from here before you would get a downhill that would get you 50 mph. Also I can't see the point in those lads buying them bikes when most of them are afraid to leave tarmac. The man in the bike shop must be laughing at them buying all the gear and it will be on DoneDeal in 3 months because they weren't up to it.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, jiggy said:

Understandable that you need quality if your taking it seriously especially on down hill but I'm referring to midlife crisis fellas that     ride the flat forest trails around here (it's all flatland gravel paths) . The quality of the bike your talking about is unnessecary if your going to do 5 weeks and give up. A basic trek bike would do all of them easily. You would have to drive an hour an a half from here before you would get a downhill that would get you 50 mph. Also I can't see the point in those lads buying them bikes when most of them are afraid to leave tarmac. The man in the bike shop must be laughing at them buying all the gear and it will be on DoneDeal in 3 months because they weren't up to it.

Thats all true mate,most of them turn up like robocop and never go faster than 20mph.☺☺.when that bradley wiggins.?won that road race the roads were plagued by the lycra wearing (bandwagon) boys.all matching kit,look fukin ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

This is the place I’ll be going to the majority of the time as it not far away, used to be there every weekend on the trail bikes before it became a mtb trail park. 

Just the sort of trails I like to ride, couple places nearby where I can get a good fix.

Use a flattish straightish bridleway close by when I'm taking the dogs.

Cheers, D.

2 hours ago, dogmandont said:

This is the place I’ll be going to the majority of the time as it not far away, used to be there every weekend on the trail bikes before it became a mtb trail park. 

Any of these would be ideal for the type of riding you're going to be doing.

Screenshot_20190506-123726_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190506-123517_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190506-123540_eBay.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dytkos said:

Just the sort of trails I like to ride, couple places nearby where I can get a good fix.

Use a flattish straightish bridleway close by when I'm taking the dogs.

Cheers, D.

It’s a good spot dytkos spent years round it riding enduro bikes ( with engines ) so know most the trails pretty well and the buzz is just as good really enjoyed it. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, downsouth said:

Any of these would be ideal for the type of riding you're going to be doing.

Screenshot_20190506-123726_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190506-123517_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190506-123540_eBay.jpg

Most are over my budget ds if I’m honest don’t mind spending that and then some down the line if I stick at it but for my first I don’t want to spend much over 600, there’s plenty of bikes on eBay that would be more than suitable but unfortunately they’re all collection only. 

• Like 1