• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My siskins have picked up where they left off last year. Canaries are nearly all on eggs, goldies are messing with material and one pair of redpolls have started to build a bit too.  How's everyo

Only recently got into birds and have a pair of canaries,  hen sat on 4 eggs didn’t really expect all to hatch but all have 2 weeks old now and cocks feeding them all well ?? 

My goldies. The second round are due to hatch Sunday/monday.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Greb147 said:

We've been trying to talk the old man in to getting some birds again for the grandkids. 

I loved them when I was a youngster, I wonder how much a pair of Gouldian's are these days. 

A lot cheaper than they were but they need heat in the winter.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, gnipper said:

A lot cheaper than they were but they need heat in the winter.

Yep pal, we had those, Zebras, Bengalese, Canaries and UK finches. 

We had a Chaffinch that ended up bullying all the other birds, my dad took it to the woods to let it go and when he arrived back home the same bird was flying in the garden trying to get back in the aviary, must have been crossed with a pigeon. ?

Harlequin cross, I've got her harlequin mother here too who bred my marked linnet mules last year. I'm trying to get a round of goldie mules out of them both quick to see if they throw pied to them.

• Like 2
On 11/06/2020 at 21:06, gnipper said:

3 nests of polls all gone, one fed for a week then stopped,  one chewed the beaks and limbs off all her chicks and another ate her eggs 3 days before hatching. Bloody things.

I'll be happy to get a few more mules out then I'm finished. 

Gutted for you pal. It's hard if the birds are only last year's birds. Young Inexperienced birds. A know it sound mad but if you have one chick or two dont look down on it because it's giving that young hen experience and she's not stressing out with too many mouths to feed. So next time the hen won't shy away from the chicks and fingers crossed they'll all fledge 

• Like 1
On 12/06/2020 at 21:17, gnipper said:

A few mules. I've got a few more full eggs there and a few hens are laying at the mo too.

Screenshot_20200612-211050_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200612-211024_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200612-211128_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200612-211345_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200612-211406_Gallery.jpg

That's some 80s hair cut that on top lol. Seen a fella's hair doo like that on the channel challenge on play your cards right ???.. Smart looking bird that tho be nice to see when it's got its adult feathers through 

• Like 1
On 15/06/2020 at 15:24, gnipper said:

I bred a linnet mule with the same do last year and this little feller has an older sibling the same this time.

Screenshot_20200525-130905_Gallery.jpg

I like that and hope it sings as good as it looks..:clapper:..