gnipper

Seasons started

My siskins have picked up where they left off last year. Canaries are nearly all on eggs, goldies are messing with material and one pair of redpolls have started to build a bit too.

How's everyone else getting on with their birds?

20190413_143349.jpg

• Like 6

Never could get any luck with siskins,the closet i got was a hen sat with a day or two to go and a spar got into the shed and killed her through the wire,lovely to see gnipper and all the best with the season ahead and keep the pics coming bud..:victory:

• Like 2

This is my first pair and they were brilliant parents last year, 15 chicks they reared so I'm hoping they rear the same this year. I've heard of loads of problems like the cock pecking eggs and stuff but he's great and pumps the chicks full of food. I had a couple of surprise colours too in the chicks.

• Like 2

First lesser redpoll nest of the year. Should hopefully be mostly silver's.

20190417_181827.jpg

• Like 3

First chick of the year just hatched, linnet mule, siskins and canaries should hatch tomorrow onwards. 

20190428_190055.jpg

• Like 4

Siskins and canaries have hatched yesterday. Just redpolls and goldies that need to stop messing around now.

• Like 1

It's only just may and with this cold spell it might well knock a few back a little bit,but the next month should see everything getting going and the best of luck with them all mate:victory:....

very nice mate

Got a few linnet mules on the sticks now and a dozen canaries. 2 Goldie mules and 5 redpolls in the nest and a few redpoll eggs. Big bowl full of clear eggs too.

• Like 2

Only recently got into birds and have a pair of canaries,  hen sat on 4 eggs didn’t really expect all to hatch but all have 2 weeks old now and cocks feeding them all well 👍🏻 

8DCF1820-E77F-4560-9651-6E2244EC2D26.png

• Like 5

Nice one mate. If I were you I'd get a couple of double breeders and some proper nest pans for them though and watch the hen now as she'll be wanting to nest again and might pluck the first chicks for nesting material. Good luck with the rest of your season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Was thinking about this.. there in a proper nest pan now, she laid first egg in the feeder so left her to it just gave nesting material but chick out grew very quickly transferred to a pan on Friday.. double breeder is a on the cards just got to sort the shed thanks atb 👍🏻

• Like 1