Sadly Mick Douglas has passed away a few years ago ,its interesting to hear from others who knew him or met him .

I had 2 lurchers from Mick and as you see later will put up some photos .

I was young at the time ,but his advice on training and working  was a great help,in my hunting trips.

He was his own man ,living up on the marshes and had a lot of skills too.

I enjoyed being in his present,never did i feel he talked bullshit and what was passed to me made a lot of sense,

you be sadly missed my friend and thank you for sharing your knowledge to me ......

IMG_1275.PNG

SAM_4477.JPG

Edited by Systema
add photos
  • Like 10

try opinions on the Norfolk lurcher its on page 4 bit about mick on there.

Mick must have lead an interesting life living out on the marshes, good to see your pics of the old dogs as Well mate, there's some footage of Mick on one of Plummers documentaries on here somewhere

Met Mick a few times up at his place hunting and when he would come down down to kent and stay on his boat.My first lurcher was his breeding out of dogs that a pal of mine had that he bred down from dogs he had from Mick.Ive already posted on the other thread that Two Crows mentioned.

Is anyone still breeding these Norfolk Tumbler types, I have one and he is an amazing dog but his previous owner chopped his balls off...I'd like another one 

IMG_0752.jpg

23 hours ago, Spicerlife said:

Is anyone still breeding these Norfolk Tumbler types, I have one and he is an amazing dog but his previous owner chopped his balls off...I'd like another one 

IMG_0752.jpg

Just get Cmw and you will find a ad on the peddlers page .

whats yours like work wise ?