Sadly Mick Douglas has passed away a few years ago ,its interesting to hear from others who knew him or met him .

I had 2 lurchers from Mick and as you see later will put up some photos .

I was young at the time ,but his advice on training and working  was a great help,in my hunting trips.

He was his own man ,living up on the marshes and had a lot of skills too.

I enjoyed being in his present,never did i feel he talked bullshit and what was passed to me made a lot of sense,

you be sadly missed my friend and thank you for sharing your knowledge to me ......

IMG_1275.PNG

SAM_4477.JPG

Edited by Systema
add photos
  • Like 10

try opinions on the Norfolk lurcher its on page 4 bit about mick on there.

Mick must have lead an interesting life living out on the marshes, good to see your pics of the old dogs as Well mate, there's some footage of Mick on one of Plummers documentaries on here somewhere

Met Mick a few times up at his place hunting and when he would come down down to kent and stay on his boat.My first lurcher was his breeding out of dogs that a pal of mine had that he bred down from dogs he had from Mick.Ive already posted on the other thread that Two Crows mentioned.

Is anyone still breeding these Norfolk Tumbler types, I have one and he is an amazing dog but his previous owner chopped his balls off...I'd like another one 

IMG_0752.jpg

23 hours ago, Spicerlife said:

Is anyone still breeding these Norfolk Tumbler types, I have one and he is an amazing dog but his previous owner chopped his balls off...I'd like another one 

IMG_0752.jpg

Just get Cmw and you will find a ad on the peddlers page .

whats yours like work wise ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By abrasivewheel
      When in gods name has colour or a unique colour dictated the price of a dog .was browsing a few ads and saw someone wanting £750 for a pup . I am looking into the future so to speak in regards to replacement lurchers . things like stand out from the crowd I would if I dropped £750 on a pup because of its colour as a village idiot . I think upto about £250 + is not unreasonable due too feeding inoculations pet husbandry.  But £750 its extracting the urine me thinks 
    • By callum104
      Have always had an interest in dogs in general (ive always had terriers but later became interested in running dogs). I've lived in Spain for 5 years and have a 4 year old whippet but hes from show lines and has never worked. Recently, encouraged by my girlfriend we decided on getting another pup. We came across a galgo from good coursing lines and went for it (if anyone is interested there are a few videos of parents/grandparents coursing on the internet that i can post). He's currently 14 weeks old and has been with me for 2 weeks. He already has a decent recall and i'm now teaching him to retrieve. 
      Is there any advice you'd give to someone about how to go about getting started, books worth reading, training etc? I know it's important not to overdo it but is there anything specific that i should be doing? The idea would be rabbiting/mooching and maybe hare coursing if i can find something fairly closeby. He's eating a diet of meat, offal and a bit of veg and is almost as big as the whippet already so going to be pretty big. Can already tell that they mature much slower than whippets, i guess becauae of the difference in size.
      I've also seen there are a few users who travel to/live in spain so any insight in the laws etc over here hunting with dogs (I'm in the catalonia region) or experience with breed would be really helpful.
      The first pic is of him before he arrived, the black bitch is the dam and thought i'd throw in a photo of my whippet...not a bad place to live!
      Thanks for any help

• By Lurcherman332
      Well took a big leap of faith with my bitch having such a good collie grey for marking and ferreting all round really had my heart set out for another one. Whilst looking for one I came across a beddy whippet greyhound and after reading up about the x I thought I’d have ago. After many choice words, tantrums and hard work she really is proving to be a top notch dog marking is second to none  catching bolting rabbits obedience and mostly her heart what a dog so happy everything paid off and if any ferreting man is looking for a hard working dog with brilliant Capabilities Don’t over look a bedlington x