grand national

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't be expecting to see much , be prepared to be queuing up for ages and expect to see some tart dressed up falling about everywhere

Lake view lad   

I do see it as a mugs game but, we'll always have some small bets on the Grand National - it's been tradition since I was a kid

Posted Images

Don't be expecting to see much , be prepared to be queuing up for ages and expect to see some tart dressed up falling about everywhere

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jonjon79 said:

I do see it as a mugs game but, we'll always have some small bets on the Grand National - it's been tradition since I was a kid :thumbs:

IMG_20190406_122137.jpg

IMG_20190406_122109.jpg

my argument to the "mugs game" thing is you have spent £14.50 on them slips and will have a bit of fun for your money with a good chance of winning plenty back.......if you spent £14.50 on say smoking or drinking you have lost £14.50 as soon as you have spent it ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jonjon79 said:

I do see it as a mugs game but, we'll always have some small bets on the Grand National - it's been tradition since I was a kid :thumbs:

IMG_20190406_122137.jpg

IMG_20190406_122109.jpg

Same as that mate my son in law is up the bookies as we speak with a tenner from each of us, my only bet of the year ✌️✌️

• Like 1

Take advantage of the each way races at aintree today......these cost me £8.20 and I’ve they all win I’m looking at a tidy profit of £2,120,930.96 lol that will make the first race interesting! But of course they are all not going to win! But a couple of places and I’ll see a profit and my target is only £8.21 back, anything over that and I’m happy to take the profit and move on to the next day ?

7C530A5E-051B-4D6B-A847-6467314CABDF.jpeg.d8ec249b0dc168b3c76b47d696ad12a0.jpeg7B86026B-F9B2-45F8-85D7-B50005CD229A.jpeg.0d23c096d59201652d09ac4bbedf7035.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

my argument to the "mugs game" thing is you have spent £14.50 on them slips and will have a bit of fun for your money with a good chance of winning plenty back.......if you spent £14.50 on say smoking or drinking you have lost £14.50 as soon as you have spent it ?

Um, I spent £20 on them slips :laugh: :thumbs:

The top ones are little 'uns, the bottom ones are mine - you're right, we will enjoy watching the race later :yes:

My comment about it being a mugs game is about the fellas that are always in the bookies chasing their losses - I imagine that's when it's not fun any more.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Um, I spent £20 on them slips :laugh: :thumbs:

The top ones are little 'uns, the bottom ones are mine - you're right, we will enjoy watching the race later :yes:

My comment about it being a mugs game is about the fellas that are always in the bookies chasing their losses - I imagine that's when it's not fun any more.

I only had a quick add up sorry! you knew what I meant tho lol and good luck mate ?

Edited by Stoney100
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

I only had a quick add up sorry lol you knew what I meant tho! And good luck mate ?

Same to you mate - I'd love to see someone get a £2,120,930.96 payout for an £8.20 stake :o :thumbs: ?

6 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Same to you mate - I'd love to see someone get a £2,120,930.96 payout for an £8.20 stake :o :thumbs: ?

It’s down already mate thanks to chosen mate lol still be riding on about 100 grand going on the next race tho so you never know! 

Im realistic with racing, going all in with high stakes will get you nowhere quickly!

and it’s nice to play for millions even tho realistically it won’t happen lol but id take it if it did! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stoney100 said:

It’s down already mate thanks to chosen mate lol still be riding on about 100 grand going on the next race tho so you never know! 

Im realistic with racing, going all in with high stakes will get you nowhere quickly!

and it’s nice to play for millions even tho realistically it won’t happen lol but id take it if it did! 

Hi stewie ?

• Like 1