The Final .

29 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Same as WH getting 28k at Upton Park then jumping to 56k at the Olympic Stadium ?

The Boleyn was a 35k sell out season after season with a 17k waiting list for season tickets .....simple mathematics tells you thats a 4k disparity.......not 40k ?

• Like 1

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok so his team are worse than dogshit but he beats you all with his banter,wit and passion.

In fairness mate, I don’t think proper football lads actually give a f**k about who’s club is the biggest.......they just like getting you at it ! Lol

Quote from 20/6/79 ... " one of my biggest regrets in football was I didn't get to play for Sunderland " George Best         Quote from 21 /6/79.... "Fuk me ,what was I drinki

Posted Images

6 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Had you already slipped away before they started Greenwich Peninsula Wilf ?.....granted theres nice parts of Greenwich but stood with your back to the 02 at the moment its a building site as far as the eye can see.

That “peninsula” thing is a sight mate, that we do agree on.

But the market, the park and the Naval museum is nice you have to admit......or is that a bridge too far for a Canning Town lad mate ? ?

2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

no no you have been extremely persistent,hard work deserves reward you have gained 3 more fans fair play and all that ?

Only another 14997 seats left to fill ! 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, WILF said:

That “peninsula” thing is a sight mate, that we do agree on.

But the market, the park and the Naval museum is nice you have to admit......or is that a bridge too far for a Canning Town lad mate ? ?

I like the Woolwich Ferry.....but only from our side ?

• Haha 1
Just now, gnasher16 said:

I like the Woolwich Ferry.....but only from our side ?

Haha, I knew you were going to say that ! 

Heres one, when did they give it the handle “Peninsula”?......is never f***ing heard of it before they started trying to build all those shite looking flats that look like liquorice all sorts !

I used to piss about down there as a kid on my bike with my pals......peninsula?.....piss hole more like when I was little.

8 minutes ago, WILF said:

Haha, I knew you were going to say that ! 

Heres one, when did they give it the handle “Peninsula”?......is never f***ing heard of it before they started trying to build all those shite looking flats that look like liquorice all sorts !

I used to piss about down there as a kid on my bike with my pals......peninsula?.....piss hole more like when I was little.

Parkside Peninsula...Meridian Quays....yacht clubs,art exhibitions,eco parks.....9 billion its costing them !!

And what do we get over my side.......a new Woolwich Ferry to replace that moody old tugboat ?

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Cor blimey Chas and Dave getting all emotional about dear old Landan Town.?

Im a West Ham fan from East London they are nothing to do with me....pair of Spurs fans from Enfield making out they're cockneys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
16 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Is Greenwich good for a beer and a nosey about. There on friday. Goimg to goto Weigh ins early friday morning then nothing till we go watch the fights the next night then have most of sunday aswell. Just looking for a  beer maybe see some sights. Is camary wharf far. Few others stayomg there.

Theres some lovely restaurants on Canary Wharf.....The Boisdale or Goodmans if you like a steak,little bit pricey but normal every day grub you havent even got to step outside the 02 itself....Canary Wharf is like a ghost town of a weekend although the Museum of London Docklands is an interesting little place and its free or the roof garden at Crosswell Place can throw you a bit......its not a night spot though you,ll be better off finding some rowdy South London ghetto if you want to go on the piss.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Late 80s Erith had a lot of work going on along the river and I think the boozer was called the Wheatsheaf we used to get in ???

Few of the local lads working on the site took us to a nightclub somewhere in the area that upstairs had a balcony of some sort that looked over the street outside and folk queuing to get in but the name of the place I can't remember .

You’d have remembered this gaff ! Lol 

16 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Is Greenwich good for a beer and a nosey about. There on friday. Goimg to goto Weigh ins early friday morning then nothing till we go watch the fights the next night then have most of sunday aswell. Just looking for a  beer maybe see some sights. Is camary wharf far. Few others stayomg there.

Take no notice of Gnasher, I reckon the Tower Hotel is as “South” as he likes to get ! Lol

Greenwhich around the market is nice mate, some tidy little boozers and bistros.

Theres a Spanish restaurant me and my boy like and it’s pretty nice, and the Trafalgar Tavern at the end of Park Row is a nice place to sit and enjoy some grub and a cold drink when the weather is nice or in a nice evening.

If you venture up to Blackheath, Blackheath Village is also really nice.

• Like 1