1 minute ago, Greyman said:

Out of curiosity mate were your sheep dipped? It seems the few that get taken are normally undipped here is what your sheep would have looked like I,m guessing ? 

68A461E4-4DDF-44EA-8EB1-5A4873E30C58.jpeg

No i never dip them . Fairly similar but the pelt was pulled up over the head end and the rib cage was a bit more complete , i think our visitor was disturbed before finishing its lunch

• Like 1

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I,d be willing to teach you if your willing to learn ?????

Yes but there is also thousands of stags in the uk . Such as what done it then ? I have asked you a few times but you haven't come up with one suggestion . Did your aliens leave sheeps blood all over

People like boris will just try and ruin the thread because he has nothing to offer the conversation, it always amuses me when people who have run a few dogs or stuck an odd ferret down think they no

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Out of curiosity mate were your sheep dipped? It seems the few that get taken are normally undipped here is what your sheep would have looked like I,m guessing ? 

68A461E4-4DDF-44EA-8EB1-5A4873E30C58.jpeg

Now that's proper picked clean.any deep puncture marks behind the base of the skull on the rear neck area GM.

Or would the preferred place be under the front neck area for a big cat to inflict the death bite so to speak 

On 21/03/2019 at 18:30, Black neck said:

Did anyone see the documentary on big cats few year ago a bloke devoted him life to finding them going round in a camper van he had a folder full of pics of big cat killed sheep anyroad the got a expert from Canada what does trapping lynx and lion to come and he dismissed every kill as dog kill 

Felt sorry for the bloke he were gutted 

The guy is called Danny nineham, don’t feel sorry for him mate he is a fake and just gives more ammo to people trying to disprove  it, I have met him and been to his talks and slide shows, all totally made up shite ?

On 22/03/2019 at 09:49, Gilbey said:

could the flat grass not be the animal cleaning its self after feeding on the lamb? Like a dog.

doesn't fit with the times but badgers peel/skin things. Just other ideas

But what peel,s skins a badger 

1542BEAF-194D-410F-A70C-E8C90BC246CE.jpeg

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, king said:

Now that's proper picked clean.any deep puncture marks behind the base of the skull on the rear neck area GM.

Or would the preferred place be under the front neck area for a big cat to inflict the death bite so to speak 

That was alive and walking at bed time, like that by first light  the throat is one place as they kill by crushing the wind pipe also the end of the nose as they will just clamp on and suffocate I,ll dig up some 

DDACF33A-F500-49A8-AC45-9564DF2638CB.jpeg

F94DE933-B9AE-43E9-87A5-39209123A659.jpeg

1C227FA4-F5D0-43E8-B6D4-A217D9F8D5FA.jpeg

23 minutes ago, runner neil said:

No i never dip them . Fairly similar but the pelt was pulled up over the head end and the rib cage was a bit more complete , i think our visitor was disturbed before finishing its lunch

There is your answer mate, we have a few hill farmers that now dip there sheep to avoid the predation if it gets to much ??if you do find any fresh ones give me a shout I can get them dna tested for you if they are fresh, would also be happy to travel down and get a few cameras up if it starts happening on a regular basis ??

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

That was alive and walking at bed time, like that by first light  the throat is one place as they kill by crushing the wind pipe also the end of the nose as they will just clamp on and suffocate I,ll dig up some 

This was almost identical to mine , if anything the punctures in my lamb were a little wider apart . We have found several deer carcass's in the forestry behind us over the years but not normally fresh enough to positively say what cause of death was . One of the chaps that does the deer stalking for the forestry commission has seen what he described as a Puma very near to me and has heard their calls .

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Greyman said:

There is your answer mate, we have a few hill farmers that now dip there sheep to avoid the predation if it gets to much ??if you do find any fresh ones give me a shout I can get them dna tested for you if they are fresh, would also be happy to travel down and get a few cameras up if it starts happening on a regular basis ??

To be fair we don't have a massive problem , some of my mates when we were at college had huge problems back in the 90s  . May well take you up on that , taking on more ground towards end of the year , some of which has moorland rights , so expecting a few more issues . We do have a lot of deer round here both reds and roe so no end of natural prey and perfect country for them to live , i think the sheep killing is odd blips if they are hurt or ill 

Edited by runner neil
  • Like 1

This is a good example of a deer carcass, this one was actually killed by a car but the consumption was done by something else the rumin or pooh bag is poisonous to animals that eat a totally meat diet and is usually pulled to one side though Fox,s and badgers will mop it up pretty quickly afterwards most deer we find and there are loads are done in a very simular manner, ✌️✌️

6A1ACC17-1152-4C0E-B3DD-168CB6018F3D.jpeg

0FABFCD5-D90D-43C3-9783-9771347FC282.jpeg

D2351329-8233-4C0B-9FD6-3B1FA58B3016.jpeg

Think it’s bollox me self like , plenty of lads out there who’s dogs grab sheep pulling chunks out of them , with all the lampers shooters ,fox hounds, night shooters ,hikers ect ect there has never been one decent picture of one just blurred pictures of either it’s tail or ear lol , and as for the kills there was the incident where a man found a sheep eaten but the skin was intact like it was skinned then eaten , they had people come in and dna test on it and the only things that had eaten of it were fox’s 

A8FD81BA-8610-41FC-AB90-FDABF678E815.jpegAnd the deer they said was a big cat kill even had an expert say it but then dna proved that a fox had eaten it , even strait through the rib cage . 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

But what peel,s skins a badger 

1542BEAF-194D-410F-A70C-E8C90BC246CE.jpeg

badgers possibly?? Don't know, we've had this before and I said anything could of happened to it, could of been shot up the arse and scavenged, guessing you don't know for sure. When I saw that cast above I stupidly jumped in, but looked again indoors and agree with you

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Interesting pics GM 

Why is there a near 45 degree angle in the first pics puncture wounds.

I'm trying to picture the mouth and teeth lay out around them marks.

1 minute ago, Gilbey said:

badgers possibly?? Don't know, we've had this before and I said anything could of happened to it, could of been shot up the arse and scavenged, guessing you don't know for sure. When I saw that cast above I stupidly jumped in, but looked again indoors and agree with you

I,m afraid this site won’t allow me to upload the video I took at the site of the badger kill but it shows a bit more of the story how it died and was consumed ?

2 minutes ago, king said:

Interesting pics GM 

Why is there a near 45 degree angle in the first pics puncture wounds.

I'm trying to picture the mouth and teeth lay out around them marks.

Do you mean the deer or the first sheep ?