On 11/03/2019 at 00:22, lampingmad1 said:

Opinions if a dog gives up will it give up again??

I had a little bitch collie whippet deerhound greyhound had her for nearly 5 years loved rabbits,she ended up jacking on one admittedly she did run it from the field up a concrete track,and jacked so a mate had her off me,his friend took her out with his boy said she run 4/5 rabbits caught a couple on the 6th or 7th run he slipped her and she wouldn’t even run so in my opinion I’d say yes once they do it they’ll do it again that’s coming from experience.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I,d be willing to teach you if your willing to learn ?????

Yes but there is also thousands of stags in the uk . Such as what done it then ? I have asked you a few times but you haven't come up with one suggestion . Did your aliens leave sheeps blood all over

People like boris will just try and ruin the thread because he has nothing to offer the conversation, it always amuses me when people who have run a few dogs or stuck an odd ferret down think they no

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, runner neil said:

Big red stag in my fields end of last year , time i had got my phone out he had vanished into the forestry . So is that a fairy tale too ? Or doe's it just mean i am busy and don't walk along with my camera on like a Japanese tourist . You still have not given any of your thoughts on what else could of done what happened to my lamb

People have plenty pics of red stags tho surely all these supposed sightings someone wouldn’t be as slow as you. Could of been a whole world of things that did that to your lamb. 

Once a big patch of my grass was flat no tracks to it from any direction, defo aliens I reckon ?

50 minutes ago, Boristheblade said:

People have plenty pics of red stags tho surely all these supposed sightings someone wouldn’t be as slow as you. Could of been a whole world of things that did that to your lamb. 

Once a big patch of my grass was flat no tracks to it from any direction, defo aliens I reckon ?

Yes but there is also thousands of stags in the uk . Such as what done it then ? I have asked you a few times but you haven't come up with one suggestion . Did your aliens leave sheeps blood all over the patch as well ? I love the fact that you can't partake in sensible debate and resort to childish comments, very mature

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Did anyone see the documentary on big cats few year ago a bloke devoted him life to finding them going round in a camper van he had a folder full of pics of big cat killed sheep anyroad the got a expert from Canada what does trapping lynx and lion to come and he dismissed every kill as dog kill 

Felt sorry for the bloke he were gutted 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
On 17/03/2019 at 20:59, two crows said:

do I take it from this post your a doubter, lol I am personally sitting on the fence on this subject ,but a keeper I know who is a very good country man and no bull shitter, recons he saw a mountain lion in the Lincolnshire wolds, and I saw something in the half light run across the a 17, a bitt bigger than a house cat a150 yards in front of me, what it was I don't know, I took this cast while building quite a remote farm house in Nottingham shire, I followed the trail to hard ground and lost it, when back tracking,  I followed it to a large wheat field and they went up a tram line and away, there were no human tracks and no toe nail marks, and note the house cat tracks on the cast, I did not see them till after I lifted it, this took place perhaps 15 years ago, so who knows.

IMG_20190317_131647.jpg

I'd say defo a possibility big cats in the uk in the 80s,got to remember a lot o different animals from all over the world  was kept back then.

i remember a gang of us kids left the site To go tramping the woods with our catys and we had to cross a old aerodrome to get to were we new some kaneys would b easy taken ,

we walked up a track with felled trees stacked each side ,from what I remember what looked like a mountain lion was walking up the  track staying with in the long grass ,we didn't see it until we came to end of track were we had clear view.it stoped few feet in front of us but to the side .it didn't run .just stood few secs gave us a glance and plodded on slowly .

they was at least 7 of us there and we all see it .we all went back to trailers and the men folk took shotgun went looking for it but no joy .

folks said it was muntjac etc but it would have run with all the noise we made ,

a lot of big cats got released when new laws came out.most would b dead now ,but they could have bred .

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Did anyone see the documentary on big cats few year ago a bloke devoted him life to finding them going round in a camper van he had a folder full of pics of big cat killed sheep anyroad the got a expert from Canada what does trapping lynx and lion to come and he dismissed every kill as dog kill 

Knoose time ?

I farm a small area of a large estate comprising about a dozen farms / small holdings , of the farmers i know on the estate every one has either had stock killed in unusual circumstances or seen big cats , thats not to say i have myself but on the other hand i have no reason to disbelieve the men and women i have spoken to ... surprisingly all of the descriptions are very similar both of what they have seen and the remains they have been left with

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Black neck said:

Exactly point proven. All dreamers ?

8 minutes ago, runner neil said:

Shall we run through a list to discredit your theory Boris ..... lets start with say a mouse , to small i think and not a carnivorous enough to kill and eat a sheep ..... A mole maybe ? A heron ? Where is the expert with the answers ?

I know you wanted the sneaky Russian to answer but hes doing summat 

Could it be ravens the can kill a half grown steer wi the beaks on um and would look like big teeth like ont carcass 

Ravens wont strip a 40 kg lamb in the time scale , or shear rib bones and bird kills / carion feeding are messy on a sheep , wool everywhere . This was clean like it had been skinned . Not many Ravens about here either they tend to stick to the higher moor ground

He is probably looking through the encyclopedia of British Fauna to find a culprit . A stoat maybe or a Tawny owl ?

Edited by runner neil
  • Haha 2