Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
straight2hand

Crufts 2019

Recommended Posts

Just flicked over and see a terrier category! what a shameful bunch of specimens they were, the JRT was shocking....but mores the Pity of the alleged judges casting there eye talking about the nice movement in the Scottie that went to the final??? Us working dog men might get stick or frowned upon by the non working fraternity or looked down on by some of these twats, but our Heinz 57, bitza, mongrols are worth 10 if most of these monstrosity’s on there 😂

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Watched a bit of it..., think it was the Skye terrier had coat covering it’s eyes and they said it was  ‘desirable’! It’s fcukin cruelty.

The clown Purves talking about Dachshunds saying they’re fine as long as they’re not allowed to jump on anything, and definitely not to go near stairs. It’s supposed to be a dog ffs. Organised cruelty.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Aussie Whip said:

Strange what some people's idea of what a dog should look like,completely different to how they function best.

Yep only got look at the bulldog and Alsatian/gsd to see that. 

My grandparents when they were alive had a observer dog breed book from the 50,s 

Was interesting to see the difference in the breeds even when I was a kid in the 80-90s. 👍

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, forest of dean redneck said:

Yep only got look at the bulldog and Alsatian/gsd to see that. 

My grandparents when they were alive had a observer dog breed book from the 50,s 

Was interesting to see the difference in the breeds even when I was a kid in the 80-90s. 👍

I've got a couple old books,the only dogs that look the same back then are Whippets.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Would rather watch coronation street an I don’t even watch tele 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Yep even the greys look different 👍

There show greyhounds which look nothing like track dogs or ever have.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Str said:

There show greyhounds which look nothing like track dogs or ever have.

No I was on about in dog breed books not Crufts , I know the greys are different didn’t they used to be called Cornish greys? Or something similar as they used to be mostly all bred in  one part of the uk??

Share this post


Link to post

The border terrier looked recognisable and the staffie looked like the dogs I remember in my area as a kid in the 70s but the rest were piss poor.border collies showed they are the most versatile of breeds in the agility which I didn’t mind watching as there owners have obviously spent a lot of time on there dogs.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

No I was on about in dog breed books not Crufts , I know the greys are different didn’t they used to be called Cornish greys? Or something similar as they used to be mostly all bred in  one part of the uk??

My mistake,I’ve not heard that before but I know they are rare.

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Strange what some people's idea of what a dog should look like,completely different to how they function best.

Exactly pal that’s why working dogs as a general rule of thumb are healthy breeds, compared to the latest traits these so called judges like to see on the peds that are not actually good for the animal itself!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...