Sir Ranulph Feinnes lecture.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got a ticket for Simon Reeve at the Royal Geographical society,he is hosting a lecture on Tiger Conservation and travel,took a Moroccan to show him where Bob Marley used to live the other day, an

He married a mentalist and became a complete anti. I'll give it a miss. Hope he stays in Cape Town 

74 mate indefatigable,never stops,i will suffer bear grylls to listen to Sir Ranulph 

Posted Images

• 11 months later...
58 minutes ago, mackem said:

Just got a ticket to see Les Stroud up in Canada next month,just told my son his first question “Can I come?”.

I have tickets next month to go see ranulph Fiennes mad bad and dangerous to know lecture . 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Got tickets for myself and my youngest kid to see Les Stroud AKA SURVIVORMAN last Friday,got to rate the show as better than sir Ranulph Feinnes it was such a feel good evening.

it was in an old honky-tonk jive club in Ottawa,at first I thought we were at the wrong place as it only had a maximum capacity of maybe at most 100?

Stroud told of his beginnings knowing he didn’t quite fit in during his childhood,he was different,he wanted to go walkabout,stretch his legs.He got a job as a canoe-guide in northern Ontario,met his wife Sue and they disappeared into the wilderness together for a full year surviving as hunter-gatherers,when they got back to civilisation after the year someone asked how could they afford a full year off work,Les reply was “How could we afford not to?”

in the bush he conceived the concept of the initial survival program,but when pitching the idea to a TV company was told no one would be interested in watching a man trying to survive in wilderness on TV.

After the show he came shook everyone’s hand,thanked us for coming,great evening,really enjoyed it,show was three hours long,if he ever comes to UK book a ticket,great entertainer,dry sense of humour,and him and his mate Pete are exceptionally talented musicians.

D7116ABE-7E9C-4874-97F3-161849085CC2.jpeg

C1B42ED9-C37B-4E85-B2D3-96C49A4B7FB9.jpeg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mackem said:

Got tickets for myself and my youngest kid to see Les Stroud AKA SURVIVORMAN last Friday,got to rate the show as better than sir Ranulph Feinnes it was such a feel good evening.

it was in an old honky-tonk jive club in Ottawa,at first I thought we were at the wrong place as it only had a maximum capacity of maybe at most 100?

Stroud told of his beginnings knowing he didn’t quite fit in during his childhood,he was different,he wanted to go walkabout,stretch his legs.He got a job as a canoe-guide in northern Ontario,met his wife Sue and they disappeared into the wilderness together for a full year surviving as hunter-gatherers,when they got back to civilisation after the year someone asked how could they afford a full year off work,Les reply was “How could we afford not to?”

in the bush he conceived the concept of the initial survival program,but when pitching the idea to a TV company was told no one would be interested in watching a man trying to survive in wilderness on TV.

After the show he came shook everyone’s hand,thanked us for coming,great evening,really enjoyed it,show was three hours long,if he ever comes to UK book a ticket,great entertainer,dry sense of humour,and him and his mate Pete are exceptionally talented musicians.

D7116ABE-7E9C-4874-97F3-161849085CC2.jpeg

C1B42ED9-C37B-4E85-B2D3-96C49A4B7FB9.jpeg

Did he give you permission to believe in Bigfoot, or did you call him out for his lies  lol

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Greyman said:

Did he give you permission to believe in Bigfoot, or did you call him out for his lies  lol

I waited for your comment Greyman,I knew it would come,one thing though old chap,I need permission from no one to do anything in my life,trust me on that,I have total freedom,I really do,I go where I want,when I want at the drop of a hat and no one steers my thought patterns.

ok Bigfoot,you know he has never actually seen one don’t you?I asked him during the Q&A and would have questioned him further when he was mingling as the show ended but I travelled overnight to Quebec for the salmon run and needed to get off.

he has had rocks thrown,heard whoops,”felt”things,but never actually seen a Squatch,he describes himself as a sceptic (so he doesn’t actually believe in it himself)BUT he thinks and describes it as a phenomena,he would like answers BUT hasn’t actually seen it himself,but said there is “something” out there.

1 hour ago, mackem said:

I waited for your comment Greyman,I knew it would come,one thing though old chap,I need permission from no one to do anything in my life,trust me on that,I have total freedom,I really do,I go where I want,when I want at the drop of a hat and no one steers my thought patterns.

ok Bigfoot,you know he has never actually seen one don’t you?I asked him during the Q&A and would have questioned him further when he was mingling as the show ended but I travelled overnight to Quebec for the salmon run and needed to get off.

he has had rocks thrown,heard whoops,”felt”things,but never actually seen a Squatch,he describes himself as a sceptic (so he doesn’t actually believe in it himself)BUT he thinks and describes it as a phenomena,he would like answers BUT hasn’t actually seen it himself,but said there is “something” out there.

And he,s out there looking for his own truth with an open mind which is what a wise man does not sit back from the comfort of a room shouting rubbish and lies, disrupting  any conversations and attempting to discredit anyone involved with it you should take a leaf, might mean getting those trainers dirty mind but you will feel better in the end, 

1 minute ago, Greyman said:

And he,s out there looking for his own truth with an open mind which is what a wise man does not sit back from the comfort of a room shouting rubbish and lies, disrupting  any conversations and attempting to discredit anyone involved with it you should take a leaf, might mean getting those trainers dirty mind but you will feel better in the end, 

I think we are both fully aware I get out into the wilderness,I just started putting clips up on YouTube as you always said I claimed to do this and that,I have loads on a laptop I will upload when I get back to UK taken in India,Nepal,Bhutan,Thailand etc.I have a very open mind,you need to let the grudge go against those who disbelieve in Dorset leopards etc,when there’s proof of a breeding population of leopard in the UK I will humbly apologise and……

E6C58AB9-3562-446A-A336-F5E2C8819825.jpeg

B839DEDA-8442-4204-ABDA-1D397B6D4C2F.jpeg

• Haha 2
31 minutes ago, mackem said:

I think we are both fully aware I get out into the wilderness,I just started putting clips up on YouTube as you always said I claimed to do this and that,I have loads on a laptop I will upload when I get back to UK taken in India,Nepal,Bhutan,Thailand etc.I have a very open mind,you need to let the grudge go against those who disbelieve in Dorset leopards etc,when there’s proof of a breeding population of leopard in the UK I will humbly apologise and……

E6C58AB9-3562-446A-A336-F5E2C8819825.jpeg

B839DEDA-8442-4204-ABDA-1D397B6D4C2F.jpeg

What’s the YouTube channel Fella. Get a few views👍

3 minutes ago, VOON said:

What’s the YouTube channel Fella. Get a few views👍

It’s not even a channel mate in reality,just a couple of fishing clips,I have a Go-pro here,I might link it to my phone as I am going up near Lake Huron this coming week to fish a salmon run,would be good to get proper footage of the fish underwater,I saw footage a guy made using his underwater fishing drone and it was really impressive.Here’s Mr Stroud playing harmonica for the going fishing song.

• Like 1