Old photo 1960

These sketches I feel i seen this artists work somewhere before today ,these works are very good no not good special his style his take on the jukels and long ears his very good I feel it's stepping back in time like twenties thirties works brilliant .atb bill

• Like 1

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great uncle wearing suit and tie with me aunt and what looks like a collie greyhound 

My dad and square vardo hereford 1955 ,No better life .

That  dog could keep the family fed when things where tough I was told  . the dog was a proper thief with no respect for boundaries lol . One time so the story goes they stopped over night and the dog

Posted Images

9 hours ago, fireman said:

I spent nearly 20 years living on the road as for want of a better word a hippy traveller and have lived in all sorts from Bender tents,bow top wagons to a double decker bus and by far it was the best years of my life.When my kids have all grown up and left the nest and are all sorted i'll end my days back on the road as it's a lot less hassle than the rat race of modern life full of it's crap we really don't need....

I will add that's a cracking old trailer marshman and any idea on make?,winchester or eccles  maybe?...

Not sure what make they are mate I’ll ask ?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, darbo said:

Did your dad work lurchers moocher? if so what did he favour cross wise? Cracking photo.

My grandad had bedy x collie xs but my dad would use any x as long as it filled the pot.be honest my dad didn't use a juckel for poaching that much it was nets and wires.and he always fed us 8 kids and made anufe for pub money .

my old nan she went hawking one day with basket pegs etc .came home with a sausage dog that was craping all over the nice mans house..it went on to produce some cracking Russel xs.

i put some more pics up .

• Like 1
9 hours ago, All-terrain said:

A traveller drew these pics on my mates wall I think, we was just talking about them today, there’s good and bad in all walks of life trust me, I’ve some good mates who are travellers and some terrible mates who are gorgers, or whatever they call us ? Atb At 

B1AF9066-CC53-4090-972F-EE6793C05C78.jpeg

9CCC22C5-22E1-4844-9EF2-25EAFC82FAAA.jpeg

15BC6D9F-080C-4670-BEF4-D0D737E15CA0.png

B64ACDC5-CE5D-4D25-A029-C6BB1F56662E.jpeg

Like these ,do you no the fellas name .over the years I met some talented traveling folk .

And some best wood carvers I ever seen .

7 hours ago, billhardy said:

These sketches I feel i seen this artists work somewhere before today ,these works are very good no not good special his style his take on the jukels and long ears his very good I feel it's stepping back in time like twenties thirties works brilliant .atb bill

You thinking about 4 gypsy lurcher prints I think,they done for appalbey they done in same style

9 hours ago, jukel123 said:

I come from Irish tinker and Southern English traveller/show people. Both grandads born in wagons.I guess I m doomed with that background! My dad had his own moral code. He would chore anything that wasnt tied down, but he genuinly never stole from the poor. One xmas we were strapped and my old fella stole the pet goose from a village pond. I can remember after Xmas the teacher dissing whoever had stolen the goose.I was only about 5 or 6 and I remember thinking it couldnt have been that bad a thing to do because it tasted nice and gave us all a good day. I knew enough to keep quiet though and shake my head in the right places. I dont believe in bad Irish or good gypsies. People just react according to the circumstances they find themselves in. One thing Ive learned is thst very rich people can be living devils when they have no need to be.if you ever need help go to the poor not the rich.

I met some good Irish travelers but it normally go wrong once they start drinking .

17 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I met some good Irish travelers but it normally go wrong once they start drinking .

Yep, I will agree with that. Drink brings the worst out in people. Got to be a better drug out there that makes people chill but makes them pleasant too.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, marshman said:

My grandfather and gran picking hops some dark ones in them max 

8F8CC1A9-C136-4786-9A62-FF400D73477F.jpeg

Lot of travelers and gorgers would go hop picking ,folk from London and surrounding areas would go Kent my family would work the fruit fields on the fens and once the fruit was over they would go hereford for hops apples and pears .

b honest spuds were back breaking and picking stones out fields while tractor went up down with ya .do 12 shift you slept well.

6 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Yep, I will agree with that. Drink brings the worst out in people. Got to be a better drug out there that makes people chill but makes them pleasant too.

7 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Some of the Irish I met would argue with the other fella in the mirra and that's with a spliff .

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, marshman said:

That  dog could keep the family fed when things where tough I was told  . the dog was a proper thief with no respect for boundaries lol . One time so the story goes they stopped over night and the dog goes off on its own for a mooch . Next morning plod looking around the trailers  usual questions and said you ain’t got any lurchers have you ? No why’s that ? Oh there’s been a lurcher going about the village . When plod goes the dog comes out of the hedge with a duck in its mouth . They reckon it would hide if it see a policeman ? apparently the dog would take anything even a duck of the village pond lol 

fair bit of collie in that old dog    .good old sort :thumbs:

1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

Some of the Irish I met would argue with the other fella in the mirra and that's with a spliff .

yep fresh air, dont get me wrong ive been pissed as young bloke on beer ,  was ok on beer still easy to get on with, whisky used make a head strong could end up fighting, so stopped , and ony have cans couple cans sat/sunday night. infact  young bloke stopped me when i was walking on public road by me with Buck ,just having flick about across few feilds but still on the road,  no street lights so had me torch , came over big gob etc all the crap what you doing with the light , as him and dad put few birds down not far from me, he smelled of drink , good job i am old bloke , or kick his ball bag inside out, and i nearly did  if he handnt pissed off , another few mins it kick off deff , short arsed twat, people hide behind drugs, be a man be sober i say deff .

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, bird said:

yep fresh air, dont get me wrong ive been pissed as young bloke on beer ,  was ok on beer still easy to get on with, whisky used make a head strong could end up fighting, so stopped , and ony have cans couple cans sat/sunday night. infact  young bloke stopped me when i was walking on public road by me no street lights so had me torch , came over big gob etc all the crap what you doing with the light , as him and dad put few birds down not far from me, he smelled of drink , good job i am old bloke , or kick his ball bag inside out, and i nearly did  if he handnt pissed off , another few mins it kick off deff , short arsed twat, people hide behind drugs, be a man be sober i say deff .

Did you go back take his birds !

2 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Did you go back take his birds !

no mate , i didnt  i have gone over there on fullmoon , just to see what about in the field , and didnt go in the woods, not that bothered about birds really prefer venison or rabbits, in fact had some good old runs on there with full moon, Buck had few charlies on there which would have pleased that gobshit  if i had told him, but i dont go there that much mate ,carnt be arsed with him or it .