Old photo 1960

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great uncle wearing suit and tie with me aunt and what looks like a collie greyhound 

My dad and square vardo hereford 1955 ,No better life .

That  dog could keep the family fed when things where tough I was told  . the dog was a proper thief with no respect for boundaries lol . One time so the story goes they stopped over night and the dog

Posted Images

The traditional,respectfull gypys are all but gone,what we have now is a load of young uns flying about acting like pack of dinlos,and non gypys boy acting like the real deal.spot em a mil e off

Edited by Qbgrey
  • Like 4

That  dog could keep the family fed when things where tough I was told  . the dog was a proper thief with no respect for boundaries lol . One time so the story goes they stopped over night and the dog goes off on its own for a mooch . Next morning plod looking around the trailers  usual questions and said you ain’t got any lurchers have you ? No why’s that ? Oh there’s been a lurcher going about the village . When plod goes the dog comes out of the hedge with a duck in its mouth . They reckon it would hide if it see a policeman ? apparently the dog would take anything even a duck of the village pond lol 

• Like 14
  • Haha 4
7 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

The traditional,respectfull gypys are all but gone,what we have now is a load of young uns flying about acting like pack of dinlos,and non gypys boy acting like the real deal.spot em a mil e off

Back then most of the travellers worked the fields on farms last thing they wanted was to cut cappers as they wanted the graft 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Where would that of been taken Marshman ' any more info on your G Aunt and Uncle?

You can't beat a bit of nostalgia?

Kent or Essex mate probably picking hops or fruit . They lived and worked on the fields . This pic was probably taken on a Sunday with their Sunday best on 

Edited by marshman
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Your not wrong there ' loads up this way trying there Dam hardest to be gypsys or Travellers' not a drop of travelling blood in them.

It will be the downfall of the real deal Gypsys and Travellers imo 

Seen the video of the Mcginley lad getting sliced up with a stanly blade and a machete by other trailer boys , I recon them sort will have there hand in the ruination of travelers .

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Seen the video of the Mcginley lad getting sliced up with a stanly blade and a machete by other trailer boys , I recon them sort will have there hand in the ruination of travelers .

The irish are a long way off english travellers,we hate them.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

It's sad but true ,the older gypsies like my parents age are mostly gone now ,

3 hours ago, marshman said:

9AAE802A-0E27-4989-A664-AC90661D5D6A.jpeg.8ad0473d8221b425e5b4a395b786babc.jpegGreat uncle wearing suit and tie with me aunt and what looks like a collie greyhound 

Fantastic picture marsh man love the old pictures of the wagons and vans with there little bender tents out side and couple dogs nocking about , the live style looks romantic but I sure wouldn’t like to do it through winter