Worst mole trap ever, for me ! (Putange)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just popped in to settle a few points. The OP, Mr. McWhinney has made a right tool of himself sending threatening emails to the ebay seller after he unsuccessfully tried to blag the name of the manufa

Mole-catching is a testosterone-fuelled and very serious business. You have to be tough to tackle a mole(a big male can reach seven inches and tear a worm apart in seconds!),and defend your methods,tr

? earth thrower. I know you'll be reading! ?

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

Nah , trust me , your a panic merchant ,...(I've had conversations too, easier said than done, anyway)

As you were the guy that came back from storming off because the “mole games f****d” to tell us all about the dvd  You saw that explained to you how inhane most mole traps are you’ll forgive me if I don’t take a bit of notice about your worthless opinion on this matter

both Jeff and Martin have proved them selves to be dishonest individuals and as you’re jeffs mate I’ll grant you the same level of respect as they get from me

5 hours ago, LuckOrJudgement said:

The little Traplines from the States are also good 'out of the box's. No tweaks required. A much maligned trap, mainly on account of its price over here, but apart from that I find it very useful.

My go-to trap is the putangue and I rate it highly. It suits the grounds I work and very few of the kills are anything but instant. The ability to make a triple or sometime quadruple set in a single location is invaluable. 

Aye, a noticed too them wee Traplines were never cheap, for what they were ! reasonably well constructed too (more than the Putange, i reckon,. Iol)....but that's all i will say,....

Edited by earth-thrower
12 minutes ago, tilimangro said:

As you were the guy that came back from storming off because the “mole games f****d” to tell us all about the dvd  You saw that explained to you how inhane most mole traps are you’ll forgive me if I don’t take a bit of notice about your worthless opinion on this matter

both Jeff and Martin have proved them selves to be dishonest individuals and as you’re jeffs mate I’ll grant you the same level of respect as they get from me

Mate, it's beginning to get tiresome,....have you noticed that we both are becoming repetitive here ?  (& whoever else ),.....& hopefully others can show some passion for whatever , & step it up on here ? ,...it's time for me too step aside , i would think ? ,......

• Like 1
Just now, earth-thrower said:

Mate, it's beginning to get tiresome,....have you noticed that we both are becoming repetitive here ?  (& whoever else ),.....& hopefully others can show some passion for whatever , & step it up on here ? ,...it's time for me too step aside , i would think ? ,......

Ok

bye

12 hours ago, Nicepix said:

You made comments about putanges, all negative, over two years before you actually bought some to try. Why would I or anyone else be swayed by your opinions? Despite your dislike of these traps you seem to be obsessed with them and see them as a challenge to your, ahem, experience for what it is. As you have never used them you cannot comment about their efficiency or the humane way they catch moles. Your earlier comment questioning one of the captures shows your naivety. Anyone who uses these traps will have seen just how humane they are. The chances of a foul capture with a Putange are far less than with tunnel traps or Talpex in my experience.

Now a question for those who use 'traditional' traps; are they as humane as modern tunnel traps such as Flatpack that have been tuned for efficiency?

Clive , I'm genuinely glad your back, you were always a good contributer on here , with alot of interesting posts. I hope you stay a while for the folks , & generate some discussions, etc.  Now , rather than me endlessly repeat what im all about here, etc  ,..can i please direct you to the now famous (or is it infamous ? ?) "Putange Mole Trapping" thread,  &  "Elm Wood mole trap, & a dearth of rabbits ",.....one,....for a measure of what im about,......(otherwise it's just gonna get repetitive,......please feel free to comment as you see fit , if your inclined ? or not,..... NOBODY'S opinion bothers me too much on here, either way),......i still chuckle a little though, how alot jump on the bandwagon nowadays, screaming about "humaneness" !  when i & only one or two other mole catchers fought hard, on a similar issue , way back, .......when the majority (& the 'big guns' on here, at the time,...) , just seemed totally oblivious !!

Edited by earth-thrower
4 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

Clive , I'm genuinely glad your back, you were always a good contributer on here , with alot of interesting posts. I hope you stay a while for the folks , & generate some discussions, etc.  Now , rather than me endlessly repeat what im all about here, etc  ,..can i please direct you to the now famous (or is it infamous ? ?) "Putange Mole Trapping" thread,  &  "Elm Wood mole trap, & a dearth of rabbits ",.....one,....for a measure of what im about,......(otherwise it's just gonna get repetitive,......please feel free to comment as you see fit , if your inclined ? or not,..... NOBODY'S opinion bothers me too much on here, either way),......i still chuckle a little though, how alot jump on the bandwagon now,  screaming about "humaneness" !  when i & only one or two other mole catchers fought hard, on a similar issue , way back, .......when the majority (& the 'big guns' on here) , just seemed totally oblivious !!

Which issue?

Just now, earth-thrower said:

Have you been drinking that Spanish wine tonight ? (women's drink ? lol) just forget it ,cause you might have been still cutting the grass then , anyway,.....?

here we go,youre just like your guild counterparts

unable to answer straight questions

you know what ,youre doing a good enough job  of embaressing yourself crack on with it

no doubt youre alluding to strychnine but thats more hyperbole from you

the guy who would never use putanges,then bought some,couldnt use them and then says he doesnt like them because theyre too easy to use even though he cant use them .

rush home kev your village is missing its idiot

8 minutes ago, tilimangro said:

Which issue?

I'm gonna miss all the fun with you & Torquemada, here.  At least you have found your 'niche' working with your Putanges, (each to their own , & don't let anyone EVER stop you using them ! ,....cmon are you a 'man or a mouse' !  lol), & Torquemada it won't be too long until he graduates from 'kicking them baitboxes' around , lol,....& then it will be on to bigger & better things in the world of pest control ! 

40 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

Agreed. Bye!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, tilimangro said:

you know what ,youre doing a good enough job  of embaressing yourself crack on with it

the guy who would never use putanges,then bought some,couldnt use them and then says he doesnt like them because theyre too easy to use even though he cant use them .

Your repeating yourself ,son, .....I'm starting to think your 'obsessed' with me ? ?? (I need to retire for both our sanities , here ! ) ,...serious question now, how do you deactivate your membership on here , or can you at all ? ,....just curious

6 minutes ago, tilimangro said:

Aye, the "strychnine" issue,......direct old Clive too it ,.....on the Putange thread, cause he's that "experienced" also,...but I seen no submission to the EC from him either , on the matter (& let's face it he was telling us all how long he's been at the game , on one of his films )

1 hour ago, earth-thrower said:

Im "obsessed" with the Putange ??  lol,....im not f***ing interested in them !,... & " i see them as a challenge to my experience, for what it is" ?? ,......I imagine they are all too easy to work with , & a "piece of piss" to install , thats why folk use them !,......so dont f***ing talk shite here , Clive.   & my own " experience" mole catching is long & varied , & certainly no less than yours, (guaranteed that, for the f***ing way you go on,....lol),........now your last sentence, is a good question, & a legitimate one. There can be very few of us who use "traditional traps", & im reasonably confident that the moles succumb quickly, in the ones i use. (ive seen no evidence otherwise of moles struggling, or fighting the trap, etc) That double spring is very strong , & i have tried to modify mine further, a few ways, to help ensure this sort of outcome, & too suit my own requirements in a trap. Alas though they are not entirely immune, from a 'foul capture',...but this is rare in my experience.  So,  "are they as humane as modern tunnel traps such as Flatpack",....the version i use, yes, (& possibly ever so slightly better !),...........but remember, some on here are telling us the half-barrels are inhumane !   lol ,........

You took against putanges right from the start. Well before you actually handled one you were giving your negative comments about them. And, yes you are obsessed. Just look at your posting history. Ruminating over every little detail and making post after post containing a combination of snide comments and self-acclaim. They are littered with hypocrisy and lies. When you are asked direct questions you fail to answer them. "I might have emailed the putange guy......" Anything but an admission.

Top and bottom is that you are jealous. Jealous that the world has passed you by and nobody takes you seriously. Jealous of the attention others are getting. And jealous that some people on here are able to help others in a way that you never have been able to. Not once have you managed to contribute anything positive and it grates on you that others are able to and receive recognition for it.

You are yesterday's man at best. But more likely you are a nobody who desperately wanted to be somebody.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

You took against putanges right from the start. Well before you actually handled one you were giving your negative comments about them. And, yes you are obsessed. Just look at your posting history. Ruminating over every little detail and making post after post containing a combination of snide comments and self-acclaim. They are littered with hypocrisy and lies. When you are asked direct questions you fail to answer them. "I might have emailed the putange guy......" Anything but an admission.

Top and bottom is that you are jealous. Jealous that the world has passed you by and nobody takes you seriously. Jealous of the attention others are getting. And jealous that some people on here are able to help others in a way that you never have been able to. Not once have you managed to contribute anything positive and it grates on you that others are able to and receive recognition for it.

You are yesterday's man at best. But more likely you are a nobody who desperately wanted to be somebody.

Oh my god , Clive , have I really got to you that much ? ,...(me the biggest wind-up , merchant going) ,....you surprise me , bit foolish of you, really. You don't bother me in the least , & I have nothing whatsoever against you,..... genuinely,.....& you can fire all the insults you want here,...good luck to you but that French kit, will never be for me . (& here was me trying to give a compliment , about you being back on, be good if some of the other interesting ones, came back too !,.......& sorry , "jealous" of what exactly ? ?,.....im more than satisfied with my approach to the game ?,....i think it's best left here incase you start to slightly annoy me, & it really goes downhill ,.....

Edited by earth-thrower