Worst mole trap ever, for me ! (Putange)

On 21/02/2019 at 15:42, Nicepix said:

Just popped in to settle a few points. The OP, Mr. McWhinney has made a right tool of himself sending threatening emails to the ebay seller after he unsuccessfully tried to blag the name of the manufacturer out of him. He hates putanges that much he wants to know who makes them LOL

There is no such thing as a 'genuine' putange so there is no such thing as a fake. Putange is the name of a type of trap like a car is a type of vehicle. There are loads of manufacturers making and selling putanges, some good, some not so good. Just like any other type of trap. A few years back I gave the name of Lucifer as being a decent putange. There are others, many unbranded, that are just as good.  But the only stainless putanges that I know of are currently sold on ebay but are far more expensive than the normal ones especially in smaller quantities. I now only use stainless as they are far more powerful even after three years of being spragged open 24/7 in permanent trap sites. I have traps over three years old that are over twice the strength of new 'normal' putanges. They don't rust either so they don't need cleaning like normal ones do periodically. For a pro' even a small time pro' like me they are a far better trap than normal putanges and justify the price in the long run.

The only problem with stainless ones is that the more recent batches have a few traps that aren't quite aligned properly and cross over on false activations. A vice and a bit of tweaking soon sorts them out. They'll last for years. Just remember where you buried them.

As for being hard to use; the trap consists of two pieces of bent metal and have been in constant use in France for over 300 years. I think the problem lies with the trapper, not the trap ;)

Please note that I am not supplying these traps. The tax system here in France and the postal costs mean that the price to you would be far too expensive.

Well, well , well, another expert returns,...lol welcome back Clive ?,..you be careful here, what your saying about "threatening emails" ???,.....cause i requested to return them in person, since I travel up and down to England about a half dozen times a year ???,so don't you mislead here ! ?...& it was one or two 'fools' on here who insisted they were "fakes" ! ,...so no wonder I was annoyed , & that's right far to dear £20, for what i got ! ,......oh , but now your confessing there may be a slight fault with some , after all ? ,.....aye, too right, just look at my picture ! ,.....& I'm not interested how long they were used in France, cause they're not traditional here ! ,...........& regarding your films , you MUST use the RIGHT type of trap for the situation, or soil type, otherwise you'll have problems , you say ??,.....BOLLOCKS ! (please correct me now, if i got any of that wrong ? ) & leaving these Putanges in the ground on jobs , semi - permanently, is best practice , do you reckon ??? So are you recommending it ?,....(again tell me if i put that wrong ?),.......& showing a variety of non targets caught accidentally in these Putanges , is not good, either (no wonder though, if the traps are down that long !),.....& thats correct i certainly don't need no Putange !! & I don't care how long they have been used in France, they can keep that foreign crap over there ! (& maybe I'm a poor "operator" ? ?), aye ok , Clive . You should come back (i will be gone soon , anyhow lol),....& you can give old Tillimangro a run for his money, by showing him who the real Putange expert  is  ?  Iol.....nice to hear from you again, on here ! ?

Edited by earth-thrower
  • Haha 1

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just popped in to settle a few points. The OP, Mr. McWhinney has made a right tool of himself sending threatening emails to the ebay seller after he unsuccessfully tried to blag the name of the manufa

Mole-catching is a testosterone-fuelled and very serious business. You have to be tough to tackle a mole(a big male can reach seven inches and tear a worm apart in seconds!),and defend your methods,tr

? earth thrower. I know you'll be reading! ?

Posted Images

1 minute ago, earth-thrower said:

Well, well , well, another expert returns,...lol welcome back Clive ?,..you be careful here, what your saying about "threatening emails" ???,.....cause i requested to return them in person, since I travel up and down to England about a half dozen times a year ???,so don't you mislead here ! ?...& it was one or two 'fools: on here who told me they were "fakes" ! ,...so no wonder I was annoyed , & that's right far to dear £20, for what i got ! ,......oh , but now your confessing there may be a slight fault with some , after all ? ,.....aye, too right, just look at my picture ! ,.....& I'm not interested how long they were used in France, cause they're not traditional here ! ,...........& regarding your films , you MUST use the RIGHT type of trap for the situation, or soil type, you say? ,.....BOLLOCKS ! (please correct me now, if i got any of that wrong ? ) & leaving these Putanges in the ground onjobs , semi - permanently, is best practice , do you reckon ??? So are you recommend ing it ?,....(again tell me if I put that wrong ?),.......& showing a variety of non targets caught accidentally in these Putanges , is not impressive, either (no wonder though, if the traps are down that long !),.....& thats correct i certainly don't need no Putange !! (& maybe I'm a poor "operator" ? ?), aye ok , Clive . You should come back (i will be gone soon , anyhow lol),....& you can give old Tillimangro a run for his money, regarding advice about the Putange !,......nice to hear from you again, on here ! ?

I understand that you were offered a full refund for the return of the traps. You declined that offer asking to keep the traps you so obviously dislike but wanted a partial refund of £10. The e-mails can be published if there is any contradiction.

I am not going to engage in a prolonged debate with you as your position is like a pile of slime;  no form or substance and when you put pressure on it just oozes out of the cracks and slides away. There is enough already posted on here by others to show you as you are.

You appear to have opinions about my practices. Perhaps if you could evidence your concerns with facts I might take you seriously.  But making positive contributions isn't really your strong point so I won't hold my breath. If you evidence your concerns I will respond. If you cannot then I'll file your comments in the Troll folder.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Nicepix said:

I understand that you were offered a full refund for the return of the traps. You declined that offer asking to keep the traps you so obviously dislike but wanted a partial refund of £10. The e-mails can be published if there is any contradiction.

I am not going to engage in a prolonged debate with you as your position is like a pile of slime;  no form or substance and when you put pressure on it just oozes out of the cracks and slides away. There is enough already posted on here by others to show you as you are.

You appear to have opinions about my practices. Perhaps if you could evidence your concerns with facts I might take you seriously.  But making positive contributions isn't really your strong point so I won't hold my breath. If you evidence your concerns I will respond. If you cannot then I'll file your comments in the Troll folder.

Correct, i asked for a tenner refund , cause I followed instructions , & that was the result in the photo ?( & thanks for confirming some may have a fault  ),......I thought that was fair , & I would still have the other for reference at least ? ,......also I have returned goods before by post /courier & have had problems. & that's right I questioned some stuff you put, as regards your videos , what about it ? ,....& i don't give a f**k what your opinion is of me, & you can try and condescend me here, all you like, but i won't be having it from you ? (your talking to no novice here !)

Edited by earth-thrower
20 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

& no doubt you may have educated some, with your films ?(which is fair enough, but not me , im afraid ),.....& I already questioned or criticised some general advice you gave on the film's (not regarding Putange, I will stress), & it got wiped !

Edited by earth-thrower
  • Haha 2
37 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

To be fair to yourself & the seller, I was unconvinced when I was told they weren't "genuine" & were "copies" & "fakes" , cause i genuinely couldn't see yous involved in that , but this half-wit & co, on here ? were tellling me otherwise, & I did eventually express this to the seller too ?  

Edited by earth-thrower
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, earth-thrower said:

To be fair to yourself & the seller, I was unconvinced when I was told they weren't "genuine" & were "copies" & "fakes" , cause i genuinely couldn't see yous involved in that , but this half-wit & co, on here ? were tellling me otherwise, & I did eventually express this to the seller too ? 

Just like a couple of giggling (cowardly ) schoolboys, we have with the repetitive emojis here ! Iol  , it seems,.......

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

So you take advice from half-wits? Perhaps that explains why you aren't smart enough to work out how to use two pieces of bent metal despite watching the videos. You aren't really doing yourself any favours are you?  :doh:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Nicepix said:

So you take advice from half-wits? Perhaps that explains why you aren't smart enough to work out how to use two pieces of bent metal despite watching the videos. You aren't really doing yourself any favours are you?  :doh:

Its irrelevant Clive, i really don't need them, or rate them as much as yourself, & you described what they really are well , there !! ? ,....please stay (& I will go) i reckon you'd be prime candidate for the role of president , for the formation of the new UK Putange mole trappers club,.....(im too much of a traditionalist for any of that nonsense !  Iol)

Edited by earth-thrower
10 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

Just like a couple of giggling (cowardly ) schoolboys, we have with the repetitive emojis here ! Iol  , it seems,.......

I offered repeatedly to give you a set of putanges(same ones pretty much everyone else uses )

no no they aren’t for you 

You emailed the ukputangesupplies company to tell them you would never use them(I’ve seen the email)

then you buy a pair and can’t operate them 

I wonder who is the halfwit really

The bloke who has consistently tried and repeatedly failed to demonstrate that Putanges are rubbish is my bet

( a hint for the hard of understanding like yourself ,I’m talking about you)

You’re obsessed with them 

your desperate for them to not be any good

you even regurgitate jeffs lies about how inhumane they are

(they aren’t )

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, tilimangro said:

I offered repeatedly to give you a set of putanges(same ones pretty much everyone else uses )

You emailed the ukputangesupplies company to tell them you would never use them(I’ve seen the email)

The bloke who has consistently and repeatedly failed to demonstrate that Putanges are rubbish is my bet

If he can't set a putange then I'd love to see him try and work out a Trapline ?

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, tilimangro said:

The bloke who has consistently and repeatedly failed to demonstrate that Putanges are rubbish is my bet

I could well have emailed them, although I'm not sure how recent, & what about it ?..in fact I was probably prompted to when I read the selling jargon ! & yes i bought premium to have them in the flesh , & it confirmed for me , i would never want to use them ? ,.....you should be chairman of the new club, cause you might not be up to the 'trainer' role ? ?? (i reckon)

Edited by earth-thrower
  • Haha 1