How much snow have you got ?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

none but cold -7 below

Snowing here dog loves the snow. Just passed 3 folk heading up the Ben. I'll expect the helicopter keeping me up all f***ing night looking for the daft c**ts!

Would love 6 inches of snow every year and for it to stay for a few weeks. 

Posted Images

The rain soon cleared the snow away this morning and it has been raining most of the day. The weather forecast  shows that there is and will be more snow our west  but In  thìs south east corner it will fall as rain. I feel sorry for those people who sleep rough either thorough choice or circumstances.  Unfortunately some are quite happy with their lot and don't want help. My spaniel is very happy to be inside laid out on the kitchen floor near the Rayburn. That is one switched on dog. I have known it to stop dead in the back door, look outside, see it is thrashing down, do a u-turn and come back in then sit by the window looking for it to stop raining , then pester to go out. When she goes it will be a very sad day.

just spent the past hour and 10 mins clearing the driveway and deck at back of my house.

we had snow friday night and all day yesterday.damn wind made 3ft packed drifts and at one

point we couldnt open the front door

82FABEE8-6159-4CA3-BA8E-72F9D12AA914.jpeg

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

just spent the past hour and 10 mins clearing the driveway and deck at back of my house.

we had snow friday night and all day yesterday.damn wind made 3ft packed drifts and at one

point we couldnt open the front door

82FABEE8-6159-4CA3-BA8E-72F9D12AA914.jpeg

And some very silly people say they love it and want it to hang around. I have no idea about what thoughts are travelling  round in their head, but they don't need any of mine. A Honda, what's the cable in the front for? battery charge or engine heater?  110 v ?  Do you use any sort of wheel chains/ grips/socks/ studded tyres to help get the car around in the snow?  Do you use a motor driven snow blower ?  looks like tracked wheels in snow and the clean straight cut off line on the drift.  It's  our bin day tomorrow.

I remember a funny question about snow on another American shooting forum. ... How do you know that you've got too much snow ? Ans..... you can no longer throw the snow up on top of the pile and the dog disappears into the snow when it goes out for a dump.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Meece said:

And some very silly people say they love it and want it to hang around. I have no idea about what thoughts are travelling  round in their head, but they don't need any of mine. A Honda, what's the cable in the front for? battery charge or engine heater?  110 v ?  Do you use any sort of wheel chains/ grips/socks/ studded tyres to help get the car around in the snow?  Do you use a motor driven snow blower ?  looks like tracked wheels in snow and the clean straight cut off line on the drift.  It's  our bin day tomorrow.

I remember a funny question about snow on another American shooting forum. ... How do you know that you've got too much snow ? Ans..... you can no longer throw the snow up on top of the pile and the dog disappears into the snow when it goes out for a dump.

Yeah bought a walk behind snowblower, you need one here and i have a big driveway.

the honda is plugged in cause all vehicles have block heaters to keep the engine coolant from freezing.

the honda has winter tyres on it, there of a softer compound and ribbed on the tread. Some tyres come metal studded