Buy new bits

So. I know this rifles been around for a little while, the FX “Dreamline” ? (for fuk sake) in fact shouldered one in my local RFD. It nice to be honest.

But it’s a rifle you can buy, standard, and then buy extra bits to fit direct, like a new rifle. A bit US with the AR system. The core stays the same then your buy a conversion “pack”.  So you can go from normal, to tactical, to utter gayness. So COD MW.

What hapended to the original airgun? The tech is moving properly fast these days. I thought I was young, but I do indeed feel old when I watch the latest new bits available to the airgun community.

Are we losing that thing that made us stick to ponsee airguns? I know tech moves on, but sometimes the original idea gets lost.

I think they're just testing the water to see if the whole modular AR concept will work in the airgun world.

I suppose it does to a degree when you see some of the modifications available for Crosman 22**s and some of the bullpups but, I don't see an end ever coming for a good ol' walnut stock and blued steel action.

FX do seem to like pushing boundaries - thankfully, as far as I'm aware, they've kept everything mechanical and haven't been tempted to start fitting PCBs.

Can't stand all this really modern, techy shit! A crow shot at and hit full on in the napper, by a 40-50 year old springer, and is killed stone dead, crow aint gonna be any deader if it's shot by the latest hi-tech, make tea in the morning AND wipe your arse after your first shit of the day 'supergun'!!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Can't stand all this really modern, techy shit! A crow shot at and hit full on in the napper, by a 40-50 year old springer, and is killed stone dead, crow aint gonna be any deader if it's shot by the latest hi-tech, make tea in the morning AND wipe your arse after your first shit of the day 'supergun'!!

Be handy if they did make the tea be cheaper than a woman ?? though I had the electric triggered airwolf with screen on what a load of shite prefer the feel of sear breaking crisply than a clicky switch 

• Like 4

has anyone seen the prices of this new stuff??

I cant see it being cheap and in all honesty who could be arsed to pull it to bits all the time and swap parts and re zero when you've had to alter all the rails!!

as much as I like fx stuff I think this is gonna be an expensive gimmick... look at how the rail fixes on the bullpup/wildcat, looks like it'd lose zero in a brisk wind!

• Like 1

When I first saw the Dreamline, I was pretty sure it was in fact a Streamline with options for different stocks which may well suit some people although I suspect it is entirely designed for the US market and they will bring out a .30 option. Its whatever floats your boat but the Streamline I bought from our Si was a lovely gun to shoot but for me, I prefer a shorter gun and have a hankering again for a Wildcat .22 fac ................................................................................... when I am not bloody skint.

Phil