Hi lads I am starting to look at changing my quad, maybe summer time, I have a trx 300 Honda and it’s been superb, owned is since 2003, but I need something road registered / agricultural registered, I have been warned the trx 500, as in don’t get the auto box, then apparently there’s a issue with the back axle, something needing adjusting regularly, in truth that’s possibly still what I will go for, or yamaha grizzly, however I have been pointed towards CAN AM a few times now, and I feel they have been around long enough now, to get some honest feedback on them, anyone got one, what are they like warts and all, 

• 2 weeks later...

5 hours ago, joe ox said:

Have you made a decision about what your going for?

No mate not yet, been told now to look at CF moto, never heard of them, i will end up with Honda or Yamaha I think, but I thought I would ask around and get others opinions,

6 hours ago, dogmad riley said:

Know a few lads into quads and they all swear by Honda and yamaha they don't bother with owt else. 

I know I should stick with Honda and probably will, but if you don’t ask these things you never learn,

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 13/01/2019 at 13:14, 3175darren said:

Hi lads I am starting to look at changing my quad, maybe summer time, I have a trx 300 Honda and it’s been superb, owned is since 2003, but I need something road registered / agricultural registered, I have been warned the trx 500, as in don’t get the auto box, then apparently there’s a issue with the back axle, something needing adjusting regularly, in truth that’s possibly still what I will go for, or yamaha grizzly, however I have been pointed towards CAN AM a few times now, and I feel they have been around long enough now, to get some honest feedback on them, anyone got one, what are they like warts and all, 

Forget the can am there shite , my mate has one in the workshop , it looks the nuts but looks don’t cut it when work counts ..stick with the japs .Ive got to Honda 400 2x4 wheel drive it’s been a tool ..

I’ve got the trx 500, it manual not auto as I was also warned off the auto.

its been superb, I’ve towed twin axle plant trailers across muddy fields with a full ibc tank on, I’ve towed my van with it to bump start it, it does the feeding run twice a day all weathers,  I’ve never had an issue in 3 yrs of ownership and would buy another one tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I’ve been on quads for work nearly 12 years...

stay away from the electric gear shifts on hondas... Kawasaki’s aren’t too bad but the ground clearance isn’t great and the rear diff lock usually breaks... yahama grizzly was a great comfy bike with IRS and fantastic 4wd system, I’d recommend one... my own bike was a 350 irs grizzly and if I was getting another I’d opt for the 450 with the high/low ratio auto box.... we never had can am mostly because the reviews on reliability were poor 

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/06/2019 at 16:11, old school said:

I’ve been on quads for work nearly 12 years...

stay away from the electric gear shifts on hondas... Kawasaki’s aren’t too bad but the ground clearance isn’t great and the rear diff lock usually breaks... yahama grizzly was a great comfy bike with IRS and fantastic 4wd system, I’d recommend one... my own bike was a 350 irs grizzly and if I was getting another I’d opt for the 450 with the high/low ratio auto box.... we never had can am mostly because the reviews on reliability were poor 

i have two automatic 450's hondas,nothing has ever gone wrong.

in 8 years all i have done is changed a battery.

can am,polaris artic cats are all belt driven, hondas and yams are shaft driven.

saying this i did see the new can am a month ago and that as shaft driven.

i have to use can am 6x6's when helping my mate and the gearboxes and sheer pieces of shite