Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ollieollie

Rechargeable lamps

Recommended Posts

Hello All,

               I know it’s been done before but I’m after an up to date view on rechargeable lamps. 

Plr 500 v tracer 150

anyone used both? Or opinions of either please

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post

thinking about investing in a hand held rechargeable  myself for this season, will only be using it couple of nights in the week, for a couple of hours, due to not many rabbits on my perms,if leds are shite just give the heads up on what would do the job,some of the land I work are big fields,so whats my options.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, grompz said:

thinking about investing in a hand held rechargeable  myself for this season, will only be using it couple of nights in the week, for a couple of hours, due to not many rabbits on my perms,if leds are shite just give the heads up on what would do the job,some of the land I work are big fields,so whats my options.

Don’t know if ye get a halogen half held one mate unless it’s the enforcer an that pricey once ye add in the cost of the clip in battery, but believe me very very few folk keep using led after a while 😉

Share this post


Link to post

Ollie get a clulite long ranger plr 500 got mine from Ian hodge field sports they are bang on I've been out for 6 hours some nights and have yet to run it down £50 posted comes with red filter car charger and mains charger they are ultra light I've put lanyard on mine and can sling it round my neck  for £50 you will not find a better lamp

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Used led for three years now no probs most of my friends use same lamps 

these are lads that have lamped for years maybe u used wrong lamp

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I use plr 500 handheld LED. It's ok for the money but LED lights struggle to pick up squatters eyes in medium length grass. I've a tracer 170 dimmer with 22 amp tracer battery pack and it's more expensive but far better kit. Dimmer makes a massive difference on lampshy game. Walk in with lamp as low as possible so you barely see a glimmer of eye shine. Slip your dog give it full power and the fun begins. The plr 500 is now just used for feeding dogs or in around yard. They are still value for money at €60.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, grompz said:

thinking about investing in a hand held rechargeable  myself for this season, will only be using it couple of nights in the week, for a couple of hours, due to not many rabbits on my perms,if leds are shite just give the heads up on what would do the job,some of the land I work are big fields,so whats my options.

Same here, just for mid week moochin, just to have with me on the school night walks without being weighed down

cheers all

Edited by ollieollie

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:07, low plains drifter said:

I like the PLR 500, good long beam, and long battery life. 

had my first experience of using the plr 500 last night, my mate has purchased one on ebay, round about the 40 pound mark,  totally agree with what you said about it, only gripe that I have is there is a lot of side glare from this lamp,think it would be okay for lamping foxes, but no good if you are just using it for rabbits, because the beam is too wide, only way to  overcome this problem could be to black out part of the lens to create a spot,or is there a  filter you can buy to eliminate side glare,also don't think  the plastic casing will take much to break under rough conditions.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, grompz said:

had my first experience of using the plr 500 last night, my mate has purchased one on ebay, round about the 40 pound mark,  totally agree with what you said about it, only gripe that I have is there is a lot of side glare from this lamp,think it would be okay for lamping foxes, but no good if you are just using it for rabbits, because the beam is too wide, only way to  overcome this problem could be to black out part of the lens to create a spot,or is there a  filter you can buy to eliminate side glare,also don't think  the plastic casing will take much to break under rough conditions.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The plr is pretty tough little lamp in my opinion, mine has been dropped on tiles more than once (kids) as well as the usual bangs and knocks when in use and it’s still a 100%. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:47, W. Katchum said:

Don’t know if ye get a halogen half held one mate unless it’s the enforcer an that pricey once ye add in the cost of the clip in battery, but believe me very very few folk keep using led after a while 😉

been looking at the  handheld enforcer range,and they seem as if they would suit my needs,if I was to go for the enforcer what do you think my best option would be mainlyfor lamping large sized fields

Share this post


Link to post

Get the blitz sized one for bigger land mate, or try get out with somebody with one first😀 if ye got a striker an happy hen use that size but I personally rate the blitz size even tho some say they too big😎

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...