Beware - scam hunting website

Hi all,

Just wanted to make others aware of a scam website 'selling' hunting equipment.  The website is http://www.chase-shoot.co.uk/ which is supposed to be in Dorset and run by Robert Burleigh.  I wont go into all the detail of my interaction with them but the summary is:

1. they are not at their listed address

2. wont answer the phone

3. will request bank transfers for goods before you see them

4. will send a passport scan for "reassurance" they are genuine...the image I got was clearly altered from a real passport scan (when you look closely)

Luckily I am not out of pocket, and hopefully I can save somebody else too.  

Happy hunting

Haydn

keywords:

chase-shoot, chase shoot, Robert Burleigh, Dorset, scam, review

Blue Fox Glade Logo

• Like 2

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well lovely thread but I,m off on me holidays now in me new Bmer with me new passport, atvb Robert ???

how does this work? Do i send the Bino's to Robert Burleigh? or can i just make a cash donation,forgotten how these scams work?

If it was someone who I liked was scammed from them , I’d make the effort to drive the nearly 20 miles ,  but I can think of Better things to do with my time an a gallon of diesel ?

Posted Images

Did you go to all the bother of joining this site to  slate a company without giving any reason why?

From what I can see they are a Ltd company and the address is their registered address, along with a lot of other companies.

The man you are talking about is a Director of said company.

Can't comment on them answering the phone or not. 

You aren't in New Zealand. 

Hope this helps. 

Domain name:
        chase-shoot.co.uk

Data validation:
        Nominet was not able to match the registrant's name and/or address against a 3rd party source on 11-Jul-2018

Registrar:
        Hosting Concepts B.V. [Tag = REGISTRAR-EU]
        URL: https://www.openprovider.com

Relevant dates:
        Registered on: 10-Sep-2018
        Expiry date:  10-Sep-2019
        Last updated:  10-Sep-2018

something doesnt add up as the site is only regd for a year,this is normally a tell tale sign of a scammer

you pay for a domain name and comes with it is an email addy

why do they list a Gmail account on the website?

also click on their site,click on 'shop'

see the photo of two gents browsing the store.

image infor on that photo comes back with

Customers browsing Blue Fox Glade Gun Shop

need to call Poirot

Edited by Ted Newgent
On 07/10/2018 at 09:55, electrolific said:

Hi all,

Just wanted to make others aware of a scam website 'selling' hunting equipment.  The website is http://www.chase-shoot.co.uk/ which is supposed to be in Dorset and run by Robert Burleigh.  I wont go into all the detail of my interaction with them but the summary is:

1. they are not at their listed address

2. wont answer the phone

3. will request bank transfers for goods before you see them

4. will send a passport scan for "reassurance" they are genuine...the image I got was clearly altered from a real passport scan (when you look closely)

Luckily I am not out of pocket, and hopefully I can save somebody else too.  

Happy hunting

Haydn

keywords:

chase-shoot, chase shoot, Robert Burleigh, Dorset, scam, review

Blue Fox Glade Logo

Is this a CHASE SHOOT LIMITED advert?

1 hour ago, Ted Newgent said:

something doesnt add up as the site is only regd for a year,this is normally a tell tale sign of a scammer

I put the address published on their website into Google maps and there doesn't appear to be a shooting outfitters on the street view. There is a human resource centre, estate agent, and concrete contractor though.

1 hour ago, Ted Newgent said:

also click on their site,click on 'shop'

see the photo of two gents browsing the store.

image infor on that photo comes back with

Customers browsing Blue Fox Glade Gun Shop

Blue Fox Glade is very searchable. It's a shop over in Devon and has pretty good reviews by all accounts. It has a professional website set up and doesn't have a burner email address to contact either. Social media presense too. I wonder if they know that their pictures are being used?

Also I reverse searched some of the other images on the site and they come back to a suspended account with a similar name. Doesn't prove anything but it doesn't exactly sit well.

From the information I've gained over coffee this morning I don't think I'd want to be handing my credit card details over at this stage.

• Like 2

I'd be interested to see how this pans out. The Ltd Company accounts are up to date. The address is probably an accountants as lots of others are registered there. Something fishy though. Not sure if it's the post or the company.  :hmm:

1 minute ago, walshie said:

I'd be interested to see how this pans out. The Ltd Company accounts are up to date. The address is probably an accountants as lots of others are registered there. Something fishy though. Not sure if it's the post or the company.  :hmm:

Likewise. Nothing like a bit of a detective mystery over breakfast! :laugh:

Saying that if you're inviting people to visit your shop why would you list your accountant's address?

26 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

I put the address published on their website into Google maps and there doesn't appear to be a shooting outfitters on the street view. There is a human resource centre, estate agent, and concrete contractor though.

Blue Fox Glade is very searchable. It's a shop over in Devon and has pretty good reviews by all accounts. It has a professional website set up and doesn't have a burner email address to contact either. Social media presense too. I wonder if they know that their pictures are being used?

Also I reverse searched some of the other images on the site and they come back to a suspended account with a similar name. Doesn't prove anything but it doesn't exactly sit well.

From the information I've gained over coffee this morning I don't think I'd want to be handing my credit card details over at this stage.

Scammers site

any idea who the website host is?

my breif whois searches didnt pull any name up,

with what info we have

i would contact the host and get the site pulled.

this is taking me back to my 419eater days

just love fckng with scammers

37 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

There seems to be a Pub virtually opposite as well, ask there, they will know! :thumbs: