Baronsdown

Doesn’t Sir Paul Mcartney own Baronsdown ? Also Jim Barrington , I remember him when he was the Chairman of the Leage against cruel sports !!! Did he see the light or just a Better pay cheque !! I’m sorry but I can’t listen him , my memory is still strong and I hated the man and everything he represented , and then he swapped sides ??? And wears a tweed sports jacket !!!! 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Baronsdown has been criticized for decades. They're simply sh*t at management. I'm surprised no one on our team is publicising this more frequently and calling these hypocrites for what they are.

I’m 53 and have been reading and following this nearly all my adult life . The deer used to jump the fences and the farms next to Baronsdown  used to just shoot them . While the hunt was moveing them they could put up with a bit of damage. But because they caused so much damage to the next door farms the landowners had no choice . I’m afraid it’s a failed ideology, a fluffy , cuddly bunny , view of nature from those who have been brought up on  Disney films . They are so arrogant, with an inflated view of themselves. They honestly think that the people who have farmed and hunted the land for generations, are cruel perverts who get off on blood lust ? They don’t get that , “ hunting works “ . It’s not about killing at all !!! It’s about maintaining a balance and the glue that holds communities together... but what do we know ??? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Totally agree, SL.

LACS have brought in their fluffy ways and they're managing their land in a way that they see is fit. Ironically a lot of their supporters say that there isn't enough land to manage all of us humans but they refuse to apply that same criterion to their deer! The land has been managed for millennia and their passive approach just highlights their incompetence and inexperience. At least Barrington saw the light.

1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

Doesn’t Sir Paul Mcartney own Baronsdown ? Also Jim Barrington , I remember him when he was the Chairman of the Leage against cruel sports !!! Did he see the light or just a Better pay cheque !! I’m sorry but I can’t listen him , my memory is still strong and I hated the man and everything he represented , and then he swapped sides ??? And wears a tweed sports jacket !!!! 

??? but he's got a tweed jacket and it marked up as an "animal welfare consultant ".