Is it me or does everyone coming in to Lurchers only really have a interest in breeding Lurchers

18 minutes ago, morton said:

Some of the finest lurchers i owned never made 6 years of age.In an ideal world id put a litter through a bitch when she,s 5 years old,far younger for a bitch thats been forced into early retirement and a pup is needed to replace her.It boils my piss that folk would rather breed from what they own rather than source a better pup from elsewhere,many a fool cannot see beyond their kennel blindness and live with the romance that their ego,ignorance and greed bestows upon them.Its naive to believe that the younger generation are responsible for the lurcher production line,they may have a lot of catching up to do before they reach the dizzy heights that a few of their elders are still attempting to reach decades into their decadence.Id rather breed from an honest bred youngster than a dishonest owned aged hound.

Hallelujah brother 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Always folks buying into dreams peddled by the  dreamers..... If you haven't seen said animals graft, or can take the word of someone who has and you trust, then, only got yourself to blame imo. I got

Mine stay till they meet there maker  you return the loyalty that the dog as given you over the seasons with the great times an experiences they’ve given you. a comfy bed An bit of feed cost nowt for

The benefit in giving pups to trusted people is you can keep your line if you loose the pups you keep for your self.the harsh truth with lads moaning about shit lurchers is how many are fed on doctor

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

That’s reason Iv never bred a litter lurchers, Iv had few decent mutts an a few folk will tell ye so. But when ever I ask myself the most important question in breeding, can I source as good or better else where, I’m never as kennel blind or naive to think mine would be superior so Iv went an got summat in.?

30 odd years ago i kept company with some useful lurcher owners with useful mutts and managed to pick up the odd pup bred from dogs that where better than my own in the field and i was grateful for them.As the years have passed and the lads have found other interests in life,mainly earning a wage,its become far more difficult to easily source proper lurchers, today,s standards are generally far,far,less exacting than they where in the not to distant past and dross that was readily found out a few years ago,mutts then made their name in the field,are bred from now because of the reputation they gain on the tinternet and have a readier market of tinternet hunters with a fistful of dosh to waste on their newest acquisition.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

That’s reason Iv never bred a litter lurchers, Iv had few decent mutts an a few folk will tell ye so. But when ever I ask myself the most important question in breeding, can I source as good or better else where, I’m never as kennel blind or naive to think mine would be superior so Iv went an got summat in.?

Same

3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

With you all the way on that but did have a bitch 20 year ago that I still kick myself for not taking a litter off Just didn't have the contacts to find a suitable sire.

what makes it worse iv never had anything come close since. 

• Like 1