MIXI again

went to the old perm last night

rifle was hw100 fitted with the photon and the nv range finder

i left the cross hairs on that Pav had been using when he had the photon fitted to his vulcan .25

this cross hair im not used to its like a letter T with a dot in the middle no mill dots

but i left it as is .

any way only got two one at zero 35yrds and one at 20yrds both had mixi bad

one was like skin and bone you could see the spine sticking through its skin

and the same with the other one .

This old perm just seems to recover and then its hit with this mixi and it knocks it back

saw loads more and missed loads down to the cross hair or me but i used the range finder on all

but with no mill dots missed lol

any way ill be back soon with the hw100 and photon and the cross hair i like lol

got to say the nv range finder is a game changer

at one point i would of not got any with nv but after Allan helped me with the photon

im starting to get along with it .

Loads had no eye shine you could see there eyes were shut as mixi had hold of them

funny they may be blind but they new i was there and still run off nothing wrong with there hearing or smell thats all i could put it down to

i hate this man made disease so now its a case of wiping them out and putting them out of there misery

one ran into a fence post three times before it got through the fence and a way   .

loads of young uns as well with it i wished i had taken the 97 and lamp id of taken a good few out then

it made me feel sick to see the two i got

i know there vermin BUT even vermin dont deserve to die like that

The antys get at us for hunting ,,,they need to step back and look at the ones that set this disease up and let it loose

its not us that are the animals in all of this its them imop

atvbmac:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

ps,,got new phone so better pics lol

DSC_0015.JPG

• Like 5

Good read and good post Jimmy. :good:

Could not agree more with you over that vile disease.

Mate, don`t put that German L4 reticle to one side just yet, - " Try it again in full day light" :yes:

The Hawke Endurance scope i recently bought off Simon ( Piano Man) has been a revelation on my HW 97K .177.

Suits my eyes a treat in Day light hours and deadly accurate for the .177 especially.

atb  Mark.

• Like 1

Must be 5-6 years back I was on a site around Chertsey with a pal which had a Public Footpath run right along one of its boundaries, hidden in large part by hedgerow.

Been there an hour or two when we heard this disembodied voice scream out from the footpath area , "Murderers!"

Little did the tree hugging/green/idiot know, that the 20 odd bunnies we had at that time, ALL had Mixxy, and we were actually performing a deed of mercy!

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Deker said:

Must be 5-6 years back I was on a site around Chertsey with a pal which had a Public Footpath run right along one of its boundaries, hidden in large part by hedgerow.

Been there an hour or two when we heard this disembodied voice scream out from the footpath area , "Murderers!"

Little did the tree hugging/green/idiot know, that the 20 odd bunnies we had at that time, ALL had Mixxy, and we were actually performing a deed of mercy!

its the damage they do as well

one of the fields next to my perm right at the back floods when there is heavy rain and it go,s into the burrows at one side and runs out the other side into my perm .

The farmer has back filled the burrows but they just dig them back out

me and viz have shot 100s in that field and for about a year all seemed fine but now there back

and so are us lol.

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

you wont be sticking them in the freezer jimmy :( 

I dont understand mixi, some it wipes out.. some dont seem to get it although the rabbits on the opposite hedge line have it and they come into contact with them all the time and others recover!

and the time of year that they usually contact it is all over the spot. 

horrible disease 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, villaman said:

Haven't seen mixi  down on my perms for six months or so 

I told you the photon was shit :laugh: 

joking so don't have a go at me again :rtfm::thumbs:

TWAT

I should of changed the ret Mitch but thought id give it a go lol

did ok when i used the other ret when i was with pav lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Still no sign of it here so ive been taking what i can before it hits , but i like to shoot the permissions i cant ferret so i hope  the ferreting  grounds okay as im still doing the rounds speaking to those landowners 

• Like 1