Beddy in the mix

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1/2 grey 1/4 collie 1/4beddy.   Got him at six weeks 15 month now had a few early bunnies courtesy of the busher kills them straight away, retrieve hit and miss so bit work to do, proper tun

Had a nice couple  hours this morning with my we beddy whippet greyhound 

Posted Images

17 hours ago, morton said:

The way that pup is bred will make for a more than honest hunting companion.The major problem with folk and their charges is some have an habit of putting more in front of the mutt than its breeding is capable of handling.Keep it honest and that lively looking fecker will give you years of satisfaction,i like the mutt and the way its bred.

nice pup,  but never understood  this thing about 1x beddy x grey  yapping.  1st  , the 2 breeds in its make up, are quite , greyounds quite easy going type dog, i do know about them, worked a racing kennel . 2nd a bedlington  terrier  as terriers  go is a  fairly  quite  dog, so i am very surprised  if it yapps, more so with  4/8 greyhound in it .?  Now  2 breeds that will yapp , is collies and whippets , put that in a x and you got more chance of a yapping dog deff .  i reckon like whats more reason  a beddyx gets labeled a yapper , it because  the other breeds in its x , not  just the 2 breeds beddy , and grey . i never really under stood the reason to had whippet to this x , as pure beddys only go 15-18in    , put nice grey bitch  24-26in   , to a pure beddy you get nice  size lurcher  23-25in spot on for most quarry , you dont need any whippet  , no point  .

• Like 3
2 hours ago, bird said:

nice pup,  but never understood  this thing about 1x beddy x grey  yapping.  1st  , the 2 breeds in its make up, are quite , greyounds quite easy going type dog, i do know about them, worked a racing kennel . 2nd a bedlington  terrier  as terriers  go is a  fairly  quite  dog, so i am very surprised  if it yapps, more so with  4/8 greyhound in it .?  Now  2 breeds that will yapp , is collies and whippets , put that in a x and you got more chance of a yapping dog deff .  i reckon like whats more reason  a beddyx gets labeled a yapper , it because  the other breeds in its x , not  just the 2 breeds beddy , and grey . i never really under stood the reason to had whippet to this x , as pure beddys only go 15-18in    , put nice grey bitch  24-26in   , to a pure beddy you get nice  size lurcher  23-25in spot on for most quarry , you dont need any whippet  , no point  .

The yappers were beddy/whip/grey types, I blame the owners of said dogs.easy to see where they went wrong as in trying bring them on to soon and not mature enough to cope with the humble bunny on a run

Edited by Jackknife
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, bird said:

Whippet brings alot to this cross if your main quarry is  rabbits beddy whippet greyhound will beat any beddy greyhound of the mark  and as far as yappers are concerned never experienced  any in this cross and start all mine young think you might get yapping if your putting your dog up against bigger stuff and just frustrating them 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, nothernlite said:

Whippet brings alot to this cross if your main quarry is  rabbits beddy whippet greyhound will beat any beddy greyhound of the mark  and as far as yappers are concerned never experienced  any in this cross and start all mine young think you might get yapping if your putting your dog up against bigger stuff and just frustrating them 

Two of the 3 were poachers pocket and after talking to the man put me off owning one for life lol

49 minutes ago, troyboy17 said:

I have one yapper and that is,down to me I started him bushing instead of ferreting it takes a experienced dog to catch bushing and he got frustrated at not catching

Started mine off with the bushes just made sure I hit all the heavy cover so he only got fleeting glances of rabbits moving from cover to cover never got taxed on a run seems to have done the job cheers