Eagle owl found

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bird gone back to lad that owns him now so happy days he was chuffed he'd bin gone three weeks .ill remember that for life . I was leaving my housing estate last night and noticed the owl on wall so t

Bloody paki owl! Youll be over run with them in no time! 

I'd say it's captive as that's an indian/bengalese eagle owl and not a Eurasian

Posted Images

8 hours ago, delboy_187 said:

I found and have someone eagle owl found in Dublin probably Kildare Wicklow regions 

IMG_0131.JPG

As Harry said get some frozen chicks,also worth having it scanned to see if it's chipped, my mate picked up a buzzard last week that was pretty underweight , is it definately a captive bird as we do get a few here that stray across from Holland I think and a couple do nest here as well, nice find though and good work rescuing it ?

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

As Harry said get some frozen chicks,also worth having it scanned to see if it's chipped, my mate picked up a buzzard last week that was pretty underweight , is it definately a captive bird as we do get a few here that stray across from Holland I think and a couple do nest here as well, nice find though and good work rescuing it ?

I'd say it's captive as that's an indian/bengalese eagle owl and not a Eurasian

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, bird said:

he dont look a big bird .  i know lad who had female  one  big nasty fooker  , soon clamp on to your hand , powerful birds

That'd have been a euro eagle owl ray, much bigger bird. Capable of taking lambs and goats but the one in the picture is the smaller cousin, Indian eagle owl