Locator, the best

11 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

I think folk are getting the wrong end of the stick here. In France the quarry comes first and foremost not the safety of the dogs. You are entering it's domain and do so at your own peril. 

No it don't as if it did they'd use locators to help them dig less holes,hence not messing with to much or ruining their setts like they do.I recon like the fox hunters here did , think their pomp and tradition is higher than what folks generaly think and so can't or don't want to change things.Waz's day sounds brilliant but it'd be a lot less social if they used locators and maybe it's the pomp of it all that don't sit right with the general anti population so there'll vote it out like it happened here mate..

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The law states they mustn't use a locator,  our law says we must, it's not about who's doing it right, it's about jumping through hoops to hang on to what we've got left. Given a choice I'd alway

As I interprate the rules in France, collars can be used, but not in the pursuit of hunting, only in the job of finding a lost terrier. ie: you cant search for a dog to be able to dig it for hunting.

Or perhaps the French aren't dull enough to put marked up dogs on the net ! Why not have the best of both worlds, use a collar but have a time limit before it's deemed necessary to locate it for

Yes it does but can't be as regular mate .I'm not knocking the French at all ,I admire the no collar system but I've also seen both sides of the game and I know which I'd rather have . Has Blaise ever used a collar if not he can't really comment on the lack of its use .Not everyone flys into a panic even digging and there is no need not to find the dog  old style before digging ..The collar allows a proper hole to be dug respecting the depth and Nov to trench in a attempt to locate the dog along that line. 

• Like 3

Life's become easier now in that way  ( or so hope ). Not looking at it easier but more safer . This be my second season now coming up with the bellman coller.  Before that perservied enough through the years. Deben box was unreliable and danger to dog for use at times 

1 minute ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

You've been at it all these years and only just upgraded from a Deben??

Yes. The debens shit buy mostly. Sometimes worked accurate but confusing.  I don't work very deep burrows but some laid out inside cover , the burrows 

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Don’t that happen with collars aswell tho

Plenty of folks got all the gear don......shiney pick up, 6 terrierboxes, full harkila or ridgeline outfit, £300 boots, a quad, sharp tooth?....... And still no idea how to dig to a dog or  use a banjo?

• Like 8
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Plenty of folks got all the gear don......shiney pick up, 6 terrierboxes, full harkila or ridgeline outfit, £300 boots, a quad, sharp tooth?....... And still no idea how to dig to a dog or  use a banjo?

I’ve a banged up pickup, 6 terrierbox, whatever’s cheap to wear no matter what I wear hunting they don’t last long. €50 hair boots of eBay. But I do have a sharptooth ??

• Haha 2
Just now, shaneg said:

I’ve a banged up pickup, 6 terrierbox, whatever’s cheap to wear no matter what I wear hunting they don’t last long. €50 hair boots of eBay. But I do have a sharptooth ??

Me, no pick up, triple ferret box, hand me downs, pair of sambas for digging in and a coal shovel?but i still has a go like shane??