• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I  used too go 4/10 wks a time when my first was born,home for a few days back to it.... he was 2lb 7 ozs and in a baby unit for first few months, used to kill me mate to be fair, leaving them, alot o

22 years in the army and I was only home a handful of times over Christmas missed most of their birthdays and my missus pretty much brought the kids up on her own but it's a choice you make and live w

Cheers katchum.i got 200 cattle and 500 lambs tomorrow.should keep me out the pub til 6ish.as for the knickers i've already looked over the fence.

Posted Images

On 09/08/2018 at 21:16, Rabid said:

Don't think it's everybody online, I think it could be 'most' trades if they had there head screwed on right, labourers on £150 a day round here, machine drivers pull anything from 2-250 a shift, plumbers charging grand a pop to instal a boiler that takes a day, the list is endless, brickies on £22 a metre block and 750 per thou brick, the money's out there to be earnt

If labourers on that i quit my job move wherever new work is sleep in a f****n tent weekdays come home weekends i SERIOUS lol

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

In england i had to work 50 is hours of hard graft a week to bring home between 450-500.like D.C said men turn up,do a day and are gone faster than a whippet.here i work about 42 hrs to bring home roughly 750-800.

Getting a car next week to get about.were going to sweden for a day to get shopping.?

Make hay while the suns shining gb?enjoy it mate, spoil your lad and treat yourself ?

• Like 1
Just now, Daniel cain said:

Make hay while the suns shining gb?enjoy it mate, spoil your lad and treat yourself ?

Been offered a evening job ''on call'' skinning red deer and elk from 6 til midnight.£30 an hour.f**k that,i left my speed at home.maybe next year.

Cheers D.C.i plan to and i spoilt him before i left.have you ever been away from your kids for 3 months.? Thats the hard bit.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

Been offered a evening job ''on call'' skinning red deer and elk from 6 til midnight.£30 an hour.f**k that,i left my speed at home.maybe next year.

Cheers D.C.i plan to and i spoilt him before i left.have you ever been away from your kids for 3 months.? Thats the hard bit.

I  used too go 4/10 wks a time when my first was born,home for a few days back to it.... he was 2lb 7 ozs and in a baby unit for first few months, used to kill me mate to be fair, leaving them, alot of stress on the mrs and our relationship , my daughter was born 2 yrs later, lasted a few months and jacked, you miss the money but no amount can make up for lost time with them when they are that young, they change daily and i do regret missing out on my eldest, something ive tried to make for  up ever since with the other2?thats why hes like my shadow?your lads a little older but its still hard, my dad worked away when we was growing up, always had what we wanted but there was no discipline, we used to run my old girl ragged?we do what we have to do mate, until things need to change?these days you got video calls, skype etc so can keep in touch alot easier. When you get home get him out and make those memories ?

• Like 8

22 years in the army and I was only home a handful of times over Christmas missed most of their birthdays and my missus pretty much brought the kids up on her own but it's a choice you make and live with ... one thing I have said recently is that when I become a grandfather I will spoil each and every one of them .......

• Like 6

Lots of talk about money for sure..but in certain parts of the country (down here being one of them).. they are building houses quicker than they can fill em.. this leads to shortage of skilled labour, brickies particularly are having the best time of it that I can remember, they can demand the rates as the developers are desperate to.keep.developing (low interest rates, over population, lack of first time house..loads of reasons why big developers are cashing in)...a decent labourer keeping 3 brickies going will certainly be on good money...but god knows finding a decent labourer is hard, 2 weeks of money and they're on the piss and shoving it up their nose like millionaires lol...

Like I said before, it's a decent bubble but that's all it is, I'm only 20 odd years in construction (set up on my own in 98, laboured and learnt my trade before that)..but it's as good as I remember it...my old man talks about the 80s and good times.. but then the big recession hit, end 80s early 90s and constructuon/building work is the first to get smashed....

Get your fingers in a few pies if you are earning a bit, invest well and it could drag you through when it gets shitty again...well here's hoping.lol 

Edited by NEWKID