1 hour ago, Scentfarrell said:

What's the most tou would pay dor a lurcher doin all game I bought mine for 350 best money spent but iv been asled ro name any price I wanted but obviously declined 

Why didn't you get a pup? Do things yoursel? (Not a shitty question)

I Wouldn't pay anymore than £350. For a lurcher. Some people pay daft money but a fool and his money are easily parted. 

Dog would have to be something special for me to consider paying more. 

Coursing stock obviously goes for abit more as there is money to made of them if your into betting

You pay for what you want I personally don’t think £350 for a dog already trained an doing it all is to much tbh if you ain’t got time to be bringing a pup on makes viable sense look at the price of most pups £150-250 small price to pay for a ready made dog doing it all the only person lost out is the one who bought the pup on fed it an trained it

I hear a lot about dogs being gifted but even if I've been gifted a dog I'd always give £50 not as a insult but a's a token gesture towards the rearing of the pup and once was told something paid for is better looked after. (Don't think it's particularly true as I'd look after a gifted dog just aswel but funny how things stick with you).but most I paid was either £150 or £175 I can't remember which but wouldn't buy a ready made dog as I like to fetch my own on from a pup but that's personal preference not a dig.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

I hear a lot about dogs being gifted but even if I've been gifted a dog I'd always give £50 not as a insult but a's a token gesture towards the rearing of the pup and once was told something paid for is better looked after. (Don't think it's particularly true as I'd look after a gifted dog just aswel but funny how things stick with you).but most I paid was either £150 or £175 I can't remember which but wouldn't buy a ready made dog as I like to fetch my own on from a pup but that's personal preference not a dig.

same here  , the lads on here , who bred my 2 dogs   didn't really want  nothing for the dogs , they were happy if the dogs were worked more than anything else , but  give both breeders £ 40 odd quid each to give to there kids for pocket money  .the last dog i bought as such was in the  80s   a 1/4 pit  3/4 grey  £ 100 , and that  not bad really  . if was buying pup  today, before i payed any price i like to see the parents work  , if i was happy i pay  i think today  £ 120-150   fair price . i t makes me laugh though , that these so called  designer  bred dogs which  cocker poos   labx poo    etc are just 1x bred dogs   same as my 2  1xs , yet they paid  £800 - 1000 quid  feckin fools  lol , when i tell them what i  paid   there  jaws drop to the floor  in shock   lol .

• Like 1

Paid £50 for my old bullx and was kindly gifted my one now from poxon I don't think I'd pay more then £150 to be honest for a pup but I'd like to breed my own one day but put off by Muppets that end up with dogs 

• Like 3

I agree with you never bred lurcher's had a few litters of terrier's in the past but knew where everyone was going before they was bred.call me soft but my dogs are more than just working dogs to me there part of the family they get worked hard but looked after well even in our spare time we go walking up in the lakes or dales so there always well exercised knew lads in the past where only time thete dogs were out of the kennel was to be worked and had no real value to them that's why you see so many dogs getting passed around I wouldn't sell 1 of my kids(feel like it sometimes???) so why would I my dogs Ive always put a lot of time and effort into them so to sell 1 for £350 I'd feel I'd be getting mugged off even if it wasn't a world beater.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bird said:

same here  , the lads on here , who bred my 2 dogs   didn't really want  nothing for the dogs , they were happy if the dogs were worked more than anything else , but  give both breeders £ 40 odd quid each to give to there kids for pocket money  .the last dog i bought as such was in the  80s   a 1/4 pit  3/4 grey  £ 100 , and that  not bad really  . if was buying pup  today, before i payed any price i like to see the parents work  , if i was happy i pay  i think today  £ 120-150   fair price . i t makes me laugh though , that these so called  designer  bred dogs which  cocker poos   labx poo    etc are just 1x bred dogs   same as my 2  1xs , yet they paid  £800 - 1000 quid  feckin fools  lol , when i tell them what i  paid   there  jaws drop to the floor  in shock   lol .

I agree think that's a fair price and I can't belive the price of some of these crosses either a pugadoo £1200 they need to give there heads a shake and have a word with themselfs?.

2 hours ago, Councilestatekid said:

I agree think that's a fair price and I can't belive the price of some of these crosses either a pugadoo £1200 they need to give there heads a shake and have a word with themselfs?.

Obviously never seen a good pugadooooo work 

You would deff change your opinion 

On 30/07/2018 at 01:32, Sheeggg said:

Why didn't you get a pup? Do things yoursel? (Not a shitty question)

Because I knew what the dog was capable of ànd my mates had worked him before .it was mid season and I was stuck for good working lurcher best money I ever spent ànd I bred s pup from him too.he throws some smashing pups and iv never charged once for a service .I'm just happy enough seen his pups mature 

Edited by Scentfarrell