Faults has a dog man.

3 minutes ago, Foxpack 2 said:

Dogs are four legged athletes and should be fed accordily. My small bushing dog wouldn't last five minutes running about on fells if I fed them complete meal.they thrive off raw gear. As for vets most haven't a clue and usually recommend food that by the coincidence they have on the surgery shelfs. 

He said raw is fine if you feed the right stuff, expecting them to thrive on shite even if it is raw just won't do. He also brought up the risk of both you and your dogs picking up something nasty, I've never fed raw tbh for a regular diet, only the odd treat.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? As a youth,... I took things personally....when dealing with dogs,  this is both foolish and illogical.  My Father schooled Sheepdogs and Cattle dogs, and same as a lot of men from his generati

Dogs don't require any meat cooked not even three week old pups ... dogs have enzymes in their gut that can break down any meat and bone and stomach acid that can kill bacteria ... a dogs intestinal t

I remember when kitchen scraps made up half there meal with sheep heads hearts etc how times change 

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Talking of food I've been talking to the vet today about what he thinks is best. I asked him about raw and he said he personally wouldn't do it and would advise the more expensive dog food. ??

I remember when kitchen scraps made up half there meal with sheep heads hearts etc how times change 

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

He said raw is fine if you feed the right stuff, expecting them to thrive on shite even if it is raw just won't do. He also brought up the risk of both you and your dogs picking up something nasty, I've never fed raw tbh for a regular diet, only the odd treat.

Most raw is boiled for average 2 minutes.. Dogs thrive on it. Well mine do anyway. Regular worming and as stated boiled for any parasites or bacteria 

• Like 2
Just now, Foxpack 2 said:

Most raw is boiled for average 2 minutes.. Dogs thrive on it. Well mine do anyway. Regular worming and as stated boiled for any parasites or bacteria 

So not raw then? ?

• Haha 3
Just now, W. Katchum said:

My vet gets his raw meat same place as us?

Yeah? He didn't dismiss a raw diet but said a dog won't get all the vitamins and minerals needed from some cheap meat from the butchers.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Kerny92 said:

Yeah? He didn't dismiss a raw diet but said a dog won't get all the vitamins and minerals needed from some cheap meat from the butchers.

i'l feed tripe one day, chicken next then offal then beef/lamb flesh next just make sure they get a good variety in the space of the week always had my dogs very fit and well in themselves.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, John d said:

One major fault is running deer while being filmed by a police helicopter but not many people are actually that stupid, only a select couple of “special” people would do that :D

Why did you do such a stupid thing then...... ?? if you're going to do it John then at least catch the fcukers you simpleton..... ??

People need to realise that a Vet is there to make money first and foremost hes not your friend, hes a business and the more money he makes the better his business is . Meal is a convenience feed simple as that, some is cheap crap and some is expensive crap. Guess what the vets sell ? Yes at times we will need a vet  and that cant be helped as its part of the game . Admittedly some Vets are better than others but at the end of the day its a business just like any other business .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 2

My  failing has been to be too generous with pups to mates of mates who I automatically thought were my mates .Another is never breeding to the Blade bitch, the last of my true original line kept at my place .She had an eye infection which always seemed to flare up whenever I thought about covering her .

• Like 1

If you have an all you can eat breakfast wait until the staff are busy then fill your pockets with sausages. Stick them in the fridge and you can feed a terrier for days.

P.S you can get double bubble if you can convince the Mrs to fill her handbag.....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
49 minutes ago, MickC said:

People need to realise that a Vet is there to make money first and foremost hes not your friend

You reckon? I'm sure there are some that are but a lot more that aren't. I don't believe that people get into veterinary medicine for the sole purpose of profit. How much does it cost to spend 6-7 years at school?

• Like 1

Dogs don't require any meat cooked not even three week old pups ... dogs have enzymes in their gut that can break down any meat and bone and stomach acid that can kill bacteria ... a dogs intestinal tract is identical to a wolf and they don't have cookers to help them with their food ... boiling meat will deplete proteins and vitamins ... raw raw raw ........

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2