Daytime badger

47 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

So it’s fine for the railways to interfere with a badger sett , but anyone else gets 6 months. Double standards ?

It opens up a lot of doors for me with permission so ideal. ?

• Like 3

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like my ex missus!?

in the summers as hot as this ,they are know to sleep out in the cover...i found this out over the years when hounds flushed them when exercising during the early morning and when you get to where the

I’ve seen a couple this week in the afternoon. They were both rooting around , scratching and feeding on something, there is a stream near the sett they came from so I don’t think it’s thirst . I beli

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

So it’s fine for the railways to interfere with a badger sett , but anyone else gets 6 months. Double standards ?

Probably because undermining a railway track could lead to hundreds of deaths with a train derailment ......

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, socks said:

Probably because undermining a railway track could lead to hundreds of deaths with a train derailment ......

I don’t disagree, I think they should move them . But what about the deaths of all the cattle that have to be destroyed when they react to TB tests . Finally the government is doing something about it . But I’m surprised that Brian May isn’t down there protesting. 

4 hours ago, socks said:

I'll bet it's because trains cost millions. You only have to ride on one to see that they don't give a f*ck about people.

4 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I don’t disagree, I think they should move them . But what about the deaths of all the cattle that have to be destroyed when they react to TB tests . Finally the government is doing something about it . But I’m surprised that Brian May isn’t down there protesting. 

This is the multi-million pound equivalent of shooing them on... Brock is spared and everyone else can f*ck off.

• Like 1

I think over the years they have also burst a few canals open by digging the banks out, but if we admit to all the damage they have caused, like the TB, hedgehogs,hares and millions spent on repairing the damage, then we would have to admit it was a terrible mistake giving a wild animal so much protection in the first place, and that will never happen 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

It's also one of the few places in the land you can get done for trespass in a court of law, I no I was that boy ??

Badgers are too protected - they should be back on the general licence. With regard to them being out in daylight, I have seen them crossing fields where I used to live in very early evening (5 pm).

The lad who had a running 'bug' used to run the edges of our (then) 2 acre field - twice he ran into a line of badgers at 7.00pm  - dad mum and 2 cubs on their way back to their sett in the field - he had to move aside, they refused to budge.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

Just having a paws for thought......

What you reckon took this? Snow Leopard.......

20180711_092833.jpg

Very much doubt it, of the16 leopard species it's the least likely culprit, I once found a fox cut clean in half on the tracks it was cut and sealed not a spec of blood by the train, sorry pre camera phone days so can't prove it but always wondered how a train could sneak up on a fox, deer sometimes run in front of things to avoid pursuers, he obviously got his distances wrong 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Very much doubt it, of the16 leopard species it's the least likely culprit, I once found a fox cut clean in half on the tracks it was cut and sealed not a spec of blood by the train, sorry pre camera phone days so can't prove it but always wondered how a train could sneak up on a fox, deer sometimes run in front of things to avoid pursuers, he obviously got his distances wrong 

They often make that mistake with cars too Greyman.

• Like 1