matt hayes

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can remember back many many years ago when "Go Fishing" was first aired.

Eeerrrmmm...there was just one problem and that was that the time schedule was 7am on sunday.....and where were most anglers? Yep, fishing!! i remember getting up especially early to get ready, leave all my tackle outside the door and watch as much Go Fishing as possible before tramping the mile or so to the local conservative club that i used to match fish for!!!!

You guys have all missed one Gem...."A Passion for angling".....brilliant.....ok, they loook like a pair of bum-lords, but the programme was excellent IMHO.... hugh miles is the daddy!

a passion for angling ??

one of the best, so calm and nice .

lovely :)

i cannot see that series ever being beaten...it was just so perfect IMHO.....

There is a new programme coming out soon, by Wilsons nephew Martin Bowler, which is supposed to rival it. Going by the fish that has been landed for it and that Hugh Miles is behind it, I think it will be close.

I agree passion for angling is great, a little over romatisized at times and some parts are clearly scripted but very good non the less. The scene when the kingfisher lands on rod tip, is one in a million :toast:

I have seen abit of filming happening for fishing programmes (work at a very well known fishery) and dont always be fooled into thinking that they catch all the fish due to skill, nets have been known to be used :whistling: I will leave it at that :D

H&J

if any one out there,could bring a new series of passion for angling please let me know.???

ive got a bottle of jack danials waiting for the occasion,take it all in and have a drink

(romancetisam) ???

you bet bring it on

I'll tell whats wrong with you all, is you're all really jealous that these guys get paid a lot of money to fish cracking places and catch loads of fish and you all want to do the same........(OK guys put your claws back in i'm only joking! LOL)

One thing i will say is its quite nice that some TV at the moment is of interest to me as there is alot of boring stuff out there. Secondly i've not met any of the charecters under discussion so i until i do i cant pass judgement on their personalities.

Tight Lines All

Aled

Guest craftycarper

funny, i have just watched go fishing, fishing on the edge,the great rod race and now paul young is on fishing for salmon in chile. Its been fishing all day on discovery realtime, them other guys crack me up on dayticket, you ever seen that....

Guest little_lloyd
Anyon eever seen th epaul young programme when they are fishing for pike on some large loch, and they must have waited a good 5 mins before striking! :no:

Yes i watched that the other day,, Actully i got home from when i took the pup abd ferrets out and just watched fishing on discovery all afternoon,, can not wait till the summer :boogie:

Similar subject, anybody read Chris Newtons biography of Hugh Falkus, called Life on the edge? Hugh was one of the first "angling stars with Salmo the leaper, and several fishing books.

Turns out he was not quite the person we hoped he was.

Cheers

Aled

• 4 weeks later...