75 Years Ago Today..........

1 minute ago, scothunter said:

I saw a helicopter other day that had missiles attached to it flew over the Ben. 

Dunno what make it was. Often see military planes. 

I was up you way bank holiday weekend. f***ing amazing driving through Glencoe. No one has informed you lot it's spring though eh! haha

• Like 2

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.........Lancaster bomber crews took off from Lincolnshire, on a top secret mission over Germany, known as Operation Chastise. All of those involved earned their place in history, including the 5

Pride of place on my wall .have another of the spitfire in hall. 

Got them off Amazon £55 for spitfire 65 for the Lancasters . Ironically they were shipped from Leipzig in Germany lol

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Definitely a Hercules that gret thing. ?

Paras used to do a jump annually on Caythorpe hill years ago out of Herc's. It was great as a kid to see. I think airborne engineers or something were based at Caythorpe during the War and so it went back to that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I was up you way bank holiday weekend. f***ing amazing driving through Glencoe. No one has informed you lot it's spring though eh! haha

Lol yea it takes a wee bit to reach us.its an absolutely cracking day here today. 

Place is full of backpackers though. What were you up for camping?

Yea Glencoe is nice. Next time you up you should stop at Glencoe and go up the lost valley. 

35 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Working down near Grantham way and just seen a large cargo plane circling, Hercules perhaps? 

c17 probably , seen it knocking about over leeds yesterday 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Lol yea it takes a wee bit to reach us.its an absolutely cracking day here today. 

Place is full of backpackers though. What were you up for camping?

Yea Glencoe is nice. Next time you up you should stop at Glencoe and go up the lost valley. 

Yeah, camped by a Loch near Fort William. Then spent a night at Loch Ryan in Galloway.

Just went for a drive really, few stops etc. A thousand mile drive! LOL

Next time I plan to do exactly that mate, see the lost valley and camp a few nights in the clouds. I'd love to find an estate that offers stalking in that sort of terrain too.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, scothunter said:

Got them off Amazon £55 for spitfire 65 for the Lancasters .

Ironically they were shipped from Leipzig in Germany lol

There's a fella on the airgun section who does brilliant military plane paintings.

Can't mind his name but it might be "Big Mac/Mark? soz if I've got the wrong name but the paintings are absolutely first class :thumbs:

Cheers, D.

• Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Paras used to do a jump annually on Caythorpe hill years ago out of Herc's. It was great as a kid to see. I think airborne engineers or something were based at Caythorpe during the War and so it went back to that.

Go on then @THE STIFFMEISTER why ya laughing? lol

https://www.sleafordstandard.co.uk/news/arnhem-veterans-return-to-caythorpe-for-reunion-1-396353

It was 216 Parachute Signals Squadron I was thinking of. About 20 years ago they used to do an annual display/jump too but that got cancelled for some reason. A load of them static line along with a few landrovers too.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, dytkos said:

There's a fella on the airgun section who does brilliant military plane paintings.

Can't mind his name but it might be "Big Mac/Mark? soz if I've got the wrong name but the paintings are absolutely first class :thumbs:

Cheers, D.

That's pianoman, Simon W Atack. Superb paintings.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

Yeah, camped by a Loch near Fort William. Then spent a night at Loch Ryan in Galloway.

Just went for a drive really, few stops etc. A thousand mile drive! LOL

Next time I plan to do exactly that mate, see the lost valley and camp a few nights in the clouds. I'd love to find an estate that offers stalking in that sort of terrain too.

Let me know when you come up again I'll speak to the keeper find out. A lot of stallking just up from corpach 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kerny92 said:

Can't find any news on it being in Lincolnshire?

That's the one in leeds yesterday , there was a candidian one at leeds Bradford airport at the week end 

c17.jpg

• Like 1

For some reason the dam buster thing seems to pop up at intervals throughout my life, when I left school I worked in a very large strange place on the outskirts of Bristol near temple cloud, turned out it was an underground bomb factory from the war, it looked like a lake from the sky but was a hollowed out hill with a blue roof so it never got bombed, the guy that invented the bouncing bomb lived in a house across the road and I was told this was were all the magic happened, then in the 80,s when I was incarcerated on the island of Portland I watched military helicopters lifting massive wooden barrels from the sea off of chesil beach for days, I later found out these were the prototype bombs that they practiced with by bouncing them into the shingle, they don't make men like they used to?