75 Years Ago Today..........

Just now, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I just know quite a funny tale about that jump that’s not quite for public viewing lol 

LOL okay, no worries. I wondered if you might have known about it being 16AA. Anyway, was a great public relations thing while it lasted.

• Like 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.........Lancaster bomber crews took off from Lincolnshire, on a top secret mission over Germany, known as Operation Chastise. All of those involved earned their place in history, including the 5

Pride of place on my wall .have another of the spitfire in hall. 

Got them off Amazon £55 for spitfire 65 for the Lancasters . Ironically they were shipped from Leipzig in Germany lol

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, steve66 said:

That's the one in leeds yesterday , there was a candidian one at leeds Bradford airport at the week end 

c17.jpg

That’s a c17 

For the spotters , an easy way to tell apart is the 4 jet engines as opossed to the turbo props of the smaller c130 and the larger newer a400m 

c130s tend to fly internally as well I e exercises jumps etc whereas the long hauls to different countries is within the remit of the c17

FYI: 617 Sqn "The Dambusters" officially reformed yesterday in preparation for being the first operational British squadron to operate the F-35 Lightening II. The squadron and their Tonkas disbanded in 2014.

DdBWsl3XUAEjQeG.jpg

• Like 1