Partnerships..

Gerrard is a little unique amongst players as well. 

I always felt a little sorry for him being a scouser as if he’d been a cockney or manc , he wouldn’t have felt obliged ir guilt tripped into staying at an average Chelsea or united side and could have left to probably have established himself as the best English player of his generation. 

He carried that club almost single handedly for a decade, fantastic yes ! But the fact that he didn’t achieve the things he could have makes him a lesser player than Scholes , Keane, Beckham and lampard in my eyes 

a shame really as he was completely unique amongst his era. 

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, that prediction was bollocks wasn’t it ! Lol ? 

Never heard of him ,but I can guess who he played for 

Wayne Rooney and RVN In their prime for me  rooney is And was in my opinion the only truly world class English  Striker for a long long time, could play on the hoof , in the hole , as a target ma

Posted Images

Didn't Gerrard nearly join Chelsea at one time some are happy and settled in there surrounding if they have been they're all there career  I think that's why he stayed even though a move could of brought medals some say its loyalty can't see it myself because surely as a pro sport man that's your aim is to win things look at matt le tisser could of moved but stayed best striker outside the top flight I have seen Steve bull did the same 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, John d said:

Let's bump it up a little and go for your best ever starting 11 from the whole of world plus seven subs

Goalie......chilavert  (scored more goals for Paraguay than hesky did for England) 

Right back.....cafu  (undoubted quality in all aspects of the role and world cup winning captain)

Right centre back.....Terry (solid as they come over many years with Chelsea and lifting plenty of trophies as captain, even when he wasnt playing in the final lol)

Left centre back.....Cambell  (big sol performed at the top level for Tottenham and arsenal and would walk into any team)

Left back.....Carlos (probably the man who created the attacking left back role, world cup winner as well as numerous titles with domestic clubs)

Defensive midfielder......Kante (71% of the earth is covered by water, the rest of it is covered by Kante! )

Left midfield.....Gerrard (who could leave him out! )

Right midfield.....Zidane (the physique of a heavyweight boxer but the finesse of a ballerina! )

Left wing.....messi  (speaks for himself lol) 

Right wing......Cristiano Ronaldo (see messi)

Centre forward.....the original ronaldo (as already said on here, top top top player)

Subs....

Maldini 

Hyypia 

Barnes

Ronaldinho

Scholes

Dalglish

Fowler 

Manager.....Valeriy Lobanovskyi (managers today can spend more money on one player than what he ever spent in his whole career and never win a thing! A manager whose tactics were way ahead of his time )

Christ, World 11 is bloody difficult.

GK Taffarel 

RB Carlos Alberto

Cb Nesta

CB Jaap Stam

LB Maldini

DM Matthaus

LM Robson

RM Zico

RW George Best

ST Cantona

LW C Ronaldo

Manager Fergi

Sub

Schmeichel

Vidic

Thaigo Silva

R Carlos

Scholes

Maradona

Pele

D Dougan    and j Richards   both  Wolves  players,  scored some great goals between  them  ,   2 more games to win and Wolves are back in the Premier league,  come on the Wolves  :yes::thumbs:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bird said:

D Dougan    and j Richards   both  Wolves  players,  scored some great goals between  them  ,   2 more games to win and Wolves are back in the Premier league,  come on the Wolves  :yes::thumbs:

A bloke i work with,his dad used to play for wolves.i!ll get his name tomorrow.

5 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Personally I think cantona Was vastly overrated as a player , 

iconic and a talented man yes but certainly not a great player by any stretch of the imagination 

Cantona may have been overrated. He was my hero as s kid so I can't help but look at him thru rose tinted specs.  I just loved the attitude on him and his sheer Gaul to try things.  

Max he had one good season the rest of his career was in the shit league as you call it or in the lower ends of the prem with teams that yoyo up and down we are talking top internationals here what's is record ? And if your after a big man upfront check crouchs international record for goals per game against Quinns 

2 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Shilton

Joe Bolton LB

Tony Adams

Maldini

Cafu RB

George Best

Bryan Robson

Gazza

Colin Bell

Kane

Phillips

Subs

Pickford

Le Saux

Terry Butcher

Dagleish

Le Tissier

Bobby Charlton

Cruyff

Zico

Roy Keane

Niall Quinn

Thiery Henry

I genuinely could have picked most of your starting 11 max mate!!! 

But I don’t think anyone could have guessed Colin bell and Graeme le Saux in the bench !!! 

Fsir play kid 

• Haha 1