The Russians

14 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Listen , 

they can have as many soldiers , subs etc that they want. 

But sitting in Siberia or in the horn of the stans with 4000 other guys Wearing head overs is a lot of good when the Polaris missles are decimating your armoured fleet willy nilly and your navy can’t get out of the port. 

Wgat ate they going to do march to Berlin? ??

never forget that supplies wins wars, the yanks can put into the field something like 1.3 million of the best trained equipped liked and supported troops in the world . 

The sheer mass of the Russian army isn’t greatly concerning and honestly neither is their capability 

Moving the goal posts by bringing the Yanks in to it. ? Do you think they would be attcking us with bows and arrows? ?

• Haha 1

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fair play to them, we should have done the same to Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness. In fact Abu Hamza would have looked tidy wasting away from radiation sickness......I’d have had a poster of i

Just keep an eye open for what May and Barnier are slipping in the back door while we have this plastered all over the porch  

May's threat of sanctions must have worked as it would appear that Russia's President Putin has now revealed the name of the agent who poisoned the ex spy, as he was clearly heard to say "Yukanol Fuko

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

You don't invade a country with a capable nuclear arsenal. That's why you won't likely see them invading us either. Why would we invade? Any conflict would almost certainly be over Europe. Anywhere else is out of the question, Russia couldn't actually get there!

The conflict would not start overnight, there would likely be months and months of planning. The armaments available would be vastly different to what's available now. 

2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Scot, surely comparing the Russia from the cold war to today's Russia is like comparing 40s Japan to today's? Today they would literally have to March across Europe, whereas NATO forces have to ability to take the fight straight to them.

I'm not trying to make Russia sound like backward cave men, their hypersonic missile technology could terrify a NATO naval force but if I'm not mistaken that is still in its infancy? And even then, see how fast laser weapon development comes on in the event of such a conflict!

EU airfields would likely be devastated by Russian ballistic and cruise missiles.

30 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I read a piece in some mag recently about the current balance of MAD. It was fascinating and scary. Anyway what I took from it is that such a war could easily involve tactical nukes and so long as a country with a strategic capability existence was not threatened, ie the battle was limited to third party territory, then it probably wouldn't turn strategic. Basically F-35s would be dropping tactical nukes like confetti until the Russians f****d off home then unless we wanted to deal with a Russian strategic attack it'd be wise to leave them to lick their wounds.

Are there any F35's in active service yet? I think a few have been delivered to at least one of the American services, not sure if they've got a complete compliment or any in service yet.

1 minute ago, Kerny92 said:

EU airfields would likely be devastated by Russian ballistic and cruise missiles.

Cruise, maybe but thats ignoring our air defences entirely! Ballistic, I doubt it, a ballistic missile launch would be the trigger for a full nuclear strike. Launching ballistic missiles in a battlefield role is generally seen as a too risky escalation.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Malt said:

Are there any F35's in active service yet? I think a few have been delivered to at least one of the American services, not sure if they've got a complete compliment or any in service yet.

..yep, a few, just checked. They've been deployed to Japan and Europe so far. Nit sure if they're still there. 

3 minutes ago, Malt said:

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/f-35b-jets-join-uss-wasp-first-operational-naval-deployment/

A detachment of F-35Bs with Fighter Attack Squadron 121 arrived aboard the amphibious assault ship USS Wasp, marking the first time the aircraft has deployed operationally aboard a US Navy ship.

They're not far off.

• Like 1

And we haven't even really broached the topic of anti satellite missiles and how they would affect modern warfare. I believe since the Chinese demonstrated to the world that capability the US navy has begun teaching servicemen 'The old ways' of navigation such is the risk they see from it. But isnt that also the massive capability and adaptability the likes of modern systems now have, like the f-35, they offer greater connectivity and awareness for your battlefield assets. If your comms satellites gets destroyed, you aren't in the dark, your 24/7 carrier air wing patrols in addition to other ISTAR assets offer an independent, connected and well defended system!

I'm a bit out of touch so some of that might be stretching the reality. Please anyone show different! But can Russia offer that capability to their own forces?

Will there f**k be a war, can’t be wiping out all those consumers now can we......corpses don’t buy new phone contracts or an Audi on the book ! 

However, with local elections coming up and all of Europe’s politicos trying to work out how to f**k 17 million people out of a demorcratic vote it makes great sense to promote the bogeyman of Russia.........run to what you know people, run to what you know ! 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Malt said:

Yeah I had a quick look B! :D Also just read we've got 14 F35b's so far, they're coming here over this summer. 

Can't wait for the first time I see a pair rip over British air space. :thumbs:

Won't be the same as the tornadoes I'm used to seeing though, barely head height above the Lincolnshire ground, sounding like they are tearing through the fabric of space!

• Like 1

A couple of other things to consider........

Putin is making a success of Russia.......and he is doing it without having to import 85 million Muslims to tear the fabric of the place to ruins.

A bloke on YouTube has just been found guilty of telling a joke!!!.......forget nuclear war.......THAT is what you should be really frightened of and if you can’t see that then you need your bumps felt ! 

• Like 7
Just now, WILF said:

A bloke on YouTube has just been found guilty of telling a joke!!!.......forget nuclear war.......THAT is what you should be really frightened of and if you can’t see that then you need your bumps felt ! 

I agree with that.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Mate a lot of military analysts reckon there's plenty of scope for non nuclear or at least non strategic nuclear warfare. The entire point in maintaining a strategic nuclear capability is to deter that mutual destruction.

I honestly don't know why folks think Russia are untouchable. European forces would leave Russia a wasteland if they did the same to us. Everyone that matters knows that is the bottom line of a nuclear exchange. Never mind involving the US. And in a conventional war the Russians lack much of our capability.

That's exactly my point concerning nukes although unlike the military analysts and the war cabinet on here for that reason I think there wont be a conventional war...you can think what you want about Putin but I don't think many of military big-wigs will take him lightly as far as how he would respond if they wanted to go down that road.

Anyway ive a better idea why don't that dozy clown bojo and Putin away down the woods and get the sleaves rolled up and get it sorted out and give every other fooker piece to get on with their lives;)

Edited by gaz