I went to town earlier  with the mrs and as I walked a passed a ginnel between two pubs i heard my name  shouted out he's my old mate who I grew up with last time I spoke with him a couple of years ago he had a nice house and a successful business  he told me how his life and business had gone since losing a couple of contracts he's turned to drink and his wife's left him we have paid for him for 3nights in a bb while my nephew who's in property sorts him a flat am I flogging a dead horse in your lads experience because he has said he does want help but its so hard to get it there's even a job for him if he stays clean 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was a heroin addict for the best part of ten years (been clean 15+ years now)and i lost everything i had due to it so i know what i'm talking about with addition and if i can help a single person so

I went to town earlier  with the mrs and as I walked a passed a ginnel between two pubs i heard my name  shouted out he's my old mate who I grew up with last time I spoke with him a couple of years ag

I dont think you can look at in terms of “flogging a dead horse”........you will be the person you are and do what you do, what the person you have thrown a chance to then chooses to do is totally out

It's worth the effort 100%.  If you didn't you'd think about it for the rest of your life and who knows , it might just be the show of faith the guy needs to get him back on his feet and in 5 years when he's back on his feet you'll be so so glad you took the time to help.  And if it all turns to shit it's only a bit of money and you making a few calls you've lost . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope so welsh he did me a good turn a few years ago he didn't need to but he did I haven't forgot it I just hope he can beat his demons I will try and help any way I can but I don't want him  to try and make a mug out of me for sentiment reasons either 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, blackmaggie said:

I went to town earlier  with the mrs and as I walked a passed a ginnel between two pubs i heard my name  shouted out he's my old mate who I grew up with last time I spoke with him a couple of years ago he had a nice house and a successful business  he told me how his life and business had gone since losing a couple of contracts he's turned to drink and his wife's left him we have paid for him for 3nights in a bb while my nephew who's in property sorts him a flat am I flogging a dead horse in your lads experience because he has said he does want help but its so hard to get it there's even a job for him if he stays clean 

I dont think you can look at in terms of “flogging a dead horse”........you will be the person you are and do what you do, what the person you have thrown a chance to then chooses to do is totally out of your control.

If it’s in your nature to help folk then that’s what you do, sounds like you are the type of bloke who is happier to know you did what you could even if it leads nowhere because you wouldn’t feel right if you did nothing.

Few more like that required in the world mate.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 7

Remember, an act of kindness is not an investment you get long term return on.....it’s a thing in itself and in knowing there’s a tiny bit more good in the world than there was 5 minutes ago.

• Like 3
Just now, lurcherman 887 said:

This happened with my mate pete... he never changed and now dances for petty change. Anyway hope he sorts it 

Is he any good ? 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Is he f**k. Its some form of irish dancing with a gay twist , but the public feel sorry for him .. 

I always wondered what happened to Micheal Flatly ! 

• Haha 2