Brown bread

One thing I've noticed ,some think more about their dogs diet than they do their own ,? and unless you are working a dog so hard that it gets the wobbles most dogs will do well in most stuff.  Quite rightly ,we all want to right by our dogs ,but I think you can become obsessed.

Feed the best you can afford , and go by eye if they look good you ain't doing much wrong.

• Like 7

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f'&@k me I thought this was going to be another thread about some ones dog dying 

One thing I've noticed ,some think more about their dogs diet than they do their own ,? and unless you are working a dog so hard that it gets the wobbles most dogs will do well in most stuff.  Quite r

Every morning as far back as I remember, im up around 5 ish, out comes two frying pans, and I do missen a stonker of a breakfast, dog at my side, tongue dragging on the floor, I do missen 2 eggs, but

1 hour ago, sandymere said:

Perhaps your question needs to be better framed to get the answer your looking for ie is a meat only diet the best diet for lamping dogs, coursers, pets etc rather than is it a good diet generaly because the answers will be different for each.

Your right sir not really sure why I asked because whatever the answer I would still keep feeding lamb necks complete and pilchaaaaards 

5 hours ago, roybo said:

One thing I've noticed ,some think more about their dogs diet than they do their own ,? and unless you are working a dog so hard that it gets the wobbles most dogs will do well in most stuff.  Quite rightly ,we all want to right by our dogs ,but I think you can become obsessed.

Feed the best you can afford , and go by eye if they look good you ain't doing much wrong.

Spot on that is i used to proper look into feeding now its decent complete mixed a cheaper one whatever meat is available couple times a week normally lamb or chicken with a few hares trout or bruised venison chucked in. Feeding wont make a bad dog good seen dogs run well on just complete n odd table scraps.

• Like 1

My old man swears by red & triple bleats on about the old bill feeding there dogs it, definitely good scran for the hound 

7 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Local greyhound breeder and trainer once told me the best greyhound he ever owned was feed nothing but tripe and when sold for real good money (37000) to another trainer who only feed the best never improved the dogs time by a spot.