Off Boar hunting

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Off Boar hunting with Alectoris in Aragon...... Not shooting this time, walking with the dog pack instead. Pics to follow

here he is

Posted Images

The dogs flush, catch and bay. You have guns placed around in positions and the dogs drive the boar towards them. Every now and then the dogs suddenly went mental because they were actually on the boar chasing it (never caught it mind). Normally the boar know the dogs are there and coming so they slip off ahead and that's when the guns get them ;)

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, mushroom said:

20180128_131756.jpg

great pictures of the dogs and terrain.  I bet that when they come through that brush, it is difficult to identify and target in a very quick time span.  real good shooting.  Question?  whats the nearest white dog on the left doing? Is he offloading or uploading? The others have all averted their gaze. I dunno you got to have eyes in the back of your head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, mushroom said:

That one is a wanker and I have no idea. My favourite is the big white bear (4th photo down in the middle) that one funnily enough is bred boxer, podenco and some other Heinz 57 ?

Watching them all work in their own different roles, these dogs had a job and knew how to do it ;)

did you use your dog as well,?   carnt really tell from pics  with the amount of dogs there,  in New Zealand  they use any type x as long as it does the job, breeds mean  nothing to them, and one breed that they have used there is a Dogo , and from what they said   there mongrel  type dogs were just as good if not better  as all are tested  , as long as they got guts= heart  for the job   thats all them  and Oz  lads  want from a dog :yes:

20 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Cracking pics mate did u take your dog? Do they just bay? How hard is it do get an invite?

Not this time as the packs that are used will attack and kill a strange dog (yes I was fuucking tempted ?)

If you want to come over speak with Alectoris or me (I'll pass everything to him). I'm sure something will be arranged (bear in mind there is a price for the day and if you are shooting instead of tramping you'll need the local license, which is not that much ;) )

Edited by mushroom
  • Haha 1