Back on the bis mags

After a bit of paper punching over the weekend with the r10, I kind of made the decision that I need a little more weight than 8.44grn as anyone who knows Anglesey will know it's a gusty, blustery lump of rock!

My first hw100 LOVED bis mags so I grabbed a tin today and without a pull through set about zeroing.

What a waste of fu#@*ng time that was!!!......i might have got a 2 inch group if I was lucky at 32 yards so back indoors, mod off and set about a pull through of the barrel. Very shitty indeed, so mod back on and give it a leading in again.

For the sake of consistency I put around 100 pellets through before I even ran it over the chrony.

A string of 20 shots gave an average of 709 fps which gives me 11.7ftlb at the muzzle.

The card below was done at 32 yard, sitting, from the bipod outdoors in slightly gusty conditions so I'm pretty chuffed as the lighter pellets did suffer more in the same conditions here at the weekend.

I think perseverance is the key word here as without that pull through I would have launched them down the garden!!

Interestingly though, I noticed this little nipple on top of the pellets....all of them so far in the tin. I'm guessing just a casting flaw??

Atb lads?

20180123_163451-2041x2138.thumb.jpg.f4abb5ba9e4b2d9ba82619fbec8033b2.jpg

20180123_164129-617x653.jpg.db68f82895127c3635e9a56bd0537412.jpg

• Like 3

That's bang on Matt :thumbs:

JSB Heavies have always edged Bisley Magnums and Weihraich Magnums for accuracy in my rifles.

But, Bis Mags are the only pellet that have ever drilled right through my backstop - they really do hit hard and  penetrate :yes:

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

That's bang on Matt :thumbs:

JSB Heavies have always edged Bisley Magnums and Weihraich Magnums for accuracy in my rifles.

But, Bis Mags are the only pellet that have ever drilled right through my backstop - they really do hit hard and  penetrate :yes:

Your not wrong Jon. 

I remember hitting a rabbit perfect at 50 yards with them from the 100 on the golf course one evening and the bloody cracking on impact was unreal.

• Like 1

The biz mags don't half hit with a wallop, but I've never had great results from accuracy, in .22 (my flavour) I just find them a bit too heavy.

those results speak for themselves though, have you tried them at different range yet, see if you have a lot of hold for them.

I don't recall ever seeing that nipple on the ones I have tried.

10 minutes ago, Rabid said:

The biz mags don't half hit with a wallop, but I've never had great results from accuracy, in .22 (my flavour) I just find them a bit too heavy.

those results speak for themselves though, have you tried them at different range yet, see if you have a lot of hold for them.

I don't recall ever seeing that nipple on the ones I have tried.

I've never seen the tip so pronounced as on this tin.

32 is as far as I have had chance to stretch em so far pal but if the 100 is anything to go by, hopefully they will be here to stay??

Some nice shooting that Matt. I don't use magnums but do use barra matches which are close to the same thing. Great pellet, but only in my 98, having said that, there's the devil inside that's telling me my rapid may like them. It's on the list to check that out as there wayyy easier to get my mits in that 4.53 FTT's. 

Wish they did um in .20, magnums I mean. For me HM. Boom. 

• Like 1

that fx streamline ive got favours mags over jsb heavy 's matt if they suit your barrel there a hell of a pellet,

they might drop off the dots quicker than the lighter ones but once you've got to grips with ranging there mint:thumbs:

bloody good group too!

atb si 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Rez said:

Some nice shooting that Matt. I don't use magnums but do use barra matches which are close to the same thing. Great pellet, but only in my 98, having said that, there's the devil inside that's telling me my rapid may like them. It's on the list to check that out as there wayyy easier to get my mits in that 4.53 FTT's. 

Wish they did um in .20, magnums I mean. For me HM. Boom. 

Now that would be a seriously nice combination pal?

41 minutes ago, si brown said:

that fx streamline ive got favours mags over jsb heavy 's matt if they suit your barrel there a hell of a pellet,

they might drop off the dots quicker than the lighter ones but once you've got to grips with ranging there mint:thumbs:

bloody good group too!

atb si 

Cheers Si. If the weather holds off I should get out tomorrow to give them a proper whirl?

I must admit that BM's were my best group getter and rabbit stopper in the HW100 but very poor in the Ultra. It is surprising how some makes of gun really work well with certain pellets and this is a case in point as I have not heard of anyone having poor performance with BM's in Hw100 rifles in .177. The light pellets such as AA Express and JSB RS also produced super groups but just didn't kill as well as BM's, well that is how found them.

Phil

• Like 1
2 hours ago, big napper said:

Bizley mags are the best pellet in my hw100, thats what iv used since i got it, Iv tryd a few differents types but bizley magnums get the best results for me, great at long and short range.

Have you noticed that weird nipple bit on the top of your bis mags pal?