Whippet v lurcher

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It doesn't matter how old the shivery thin skinned whining fukcing thing is it will never match up to a decent lurcher ......

A 12 month old dog is just learning what it has to do.  "Testing" should come when they are accomplished in their trade . Imho  If you mean trying it out fair enough ,but testing ,as in push

Depends on the ground and how fit it is and what its done ferreting etc but socks is your man on whippets he will put you right on anything about them there is field of expertise 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, grompz said:

A FEW YEARS AGO, I RAN A COUPLE OF GOOD STRONG WHIPPETS,THAT I GOT FROM AN IRISH LAD THAT I KNEW WELL, DONT GET ME WRONG THESE WHIPPETS WERE BRILLIANT IN DAY TIME, EXCELLENT FERRETING DOGS,REALLY GOOD HUNTING AND BUSHING SKILLS AND A PLEASURE TO LIVE WITH, BUT AS FOR WORKING THE LAMP NO ARSE OR STAMINA IN THEM,THEY WERE GAME ENOUGH AND LIGHTNING QUICK,BUT LONG AND FAST RUNS IN LARGHISH FIELDS LEFT THEM KNACKERED, ADOZEN RUNS BETWEEN THEM USUALLY SEEN ABOUT 6 RABBITS.SPRINTERS NOT THE STAMINA OF A GOOD WORKING LURCHER, YES I WOULD HAVE ANOTHER WHIPPET IF I WAS JUST ADAY TIME HUNTER,AND WANTED A DOG TO CATCH ONE FOR THE POT,THEY CANT BE BEATEN, JUST MY EXPERIENCE AND WORKING  WHIPPETS STILL HAS AN IMPORTANT PART IN THE HUNTING WORLD.

cos your whipps couldnt lamp you cant generalise   the fella trev on here has a whippet bitch done  double figure on lamp plenty times  his pup been doing the same   they both good at  there game day or night   , aint playing whippet v lurcher game as i keep both but lets not generalise eh

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, socks said:

Might do ok if you were lamping rats in a straw floored stable ........

20 hours ago, socks said:

It doesn't matter how old the shivery thin skinned whining fukcing thing is it will never match up to a decent lurcher ......

you might earn a few quid when you start owning a whippet lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Found this pic of Trevs whippet pup at 13 months on the lamp  she's taking after her mam 

IMG_7197.JPG

She wants more but I stop at 20 at the min I don't want to feck her up and pass her on like a d#ck did with his pup he bred on here.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, green lurchers said:

cos your whipps couldnt lamp you cant generalise   the fella trev on here has a whippet bitch done  double figure on lamp plenty times  his pup been doing the same   they both good at  there game day or night   , aint playing whippet v lurcher game as i keep both but lets not generalise eh

I am not disputing the fact that this fella trevs whippets can get double figures day or night,but there are always exception to the rules in the dog game,all i  am saying is that in my 55yrs of working lots of different types of lurchers,whippets would not be my first choice to do every day work,i used to be into the numbers ,game, and ran the dogs i hadreally hard night after night in the season,it would be intresting to know the type of land,size of fields he works and how much barbed wire he has around him,as majority of whippets are a magnet to it, pretty sure they wouldnt last too many seasons on the ground where i run my lurchers, could be carry home jobs.

1 minute ago, grompz said:

I am not disputing the fact that this fella trevs whippets can get double figures day or night,but there are always exception to the rules in the dog game,all i  am saying is that in my 55yrs of working lots of different types of lurchers,whippets would not be my first choice to do every day work,i used to be into the numbers ,game, and ran the dogs i hadreally hard night after night in the season,it would be intresting to know the type of land,size of fields he works and how much barbed wire he has around him,as majority of whippets are a magnet to it, pretty sure they wouldnt last too many seasons on the ground where i run my lurchers, could be carry home jobs.

Like I said  I keep both I know the fors n against I'm  not putting a whippet above a lurcher and Treva bitch is no exception   It's the generalisation I dont agree with 

9 minutes ago, grompz said:

My whippet as run on every kind of ground with no problems, was the whippets you own ped whippets because they sound like non ped to me which to me is not a whippet its a cross bred.