Brexit Thread Redux

8 hours ago, BGD said:

What about the farms and villages that straddle the border? Or the folk who travel back and forth for work every day? How would a hard border and physical barrier affect them?

There's even houses with the front door on one side and the back door on the other!

Then your daft to think they’ll still be there when the bill is sitting at 50 billion and rising ! 

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely think it’s more simple than that mate, almost to a man none of them want to leave this massive and very lucrative club for people just like themselves and they have found the way to f**k o

All this could have been avoided, if the EU had had the brains to throw that prick Cameron a bone when he was asking for a different deal for the UK, there never would have been a referendum. The

I had a conversation in the week with a bloke I do business with. He phones up sounding like he is going to be shot at dawn and tells me that another associate has taken over a dealership so now

Posted Images

I’ll repeat, we were obligated to give nothing......exactly nothing !!

I have to ask myself why are the UK now saying they will hand over 50 BILLION quid.......that’s 50 BILLION like it’s pocket change !

Everyone does a lot of business, the tax revenue the EU and the future independent UK do/will get from that business is gargantuan......so I have to ask myself, why are we even having the conversation ?

Theres an angle I can’t clearly see yet but I’ll bet my bollocks it involves making yet another excuse to rob every poor c**t blind !! 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Then your daft to think they’ll still be there when the bill is sitting at 50 billion and rising ! 

Can't see how that answers any of the questions in my post or indeed how it relates to it at all...

Did you quote the wrong post or something? :huh:

32 minutes ago, WILF said:

The EU isn’t in a shit state, Ireland isn’t in a shit state......its the UK that’s in a shit state really if truth be told.

They are all living off money that don’t exist........except the EU has 500 million people’s life to mortgage and the UK only has 70 million.

Every f****r is writing cheques they can’t cash so let’s be honest.

This was about getting back to self determination and being an independent country with some semblance of democracy (as much of a joke as that seems at the moment)

Ireland makes a big deal about winning it’s indepndance from the UK but it just gave it away again, same as every member gave it away.......ireland like almost every other EU nation are just mutts in the German and French kennel, they do as they are told or get a kick up the arse.

The Uk has decided enough is enough and they want to have a go on their own, nobody at all in Westminster agrees with them and are doing exactly everything they can to f**k them out it.......but a few million Brits still have enough Britishness about them to have the guts to want to be a self governing independent nation.

That, ladies and gents, deserves a bit of respect.....because no other c**t had the bottle to do it or even consider it !! 

9 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

And your living on the fcuking moon if you think they won't .

8 hours ago, green lurchers said:

its all going to plan , the eu is crumbling , merkel is loosing grip , the hungarain poland checko pact is playing ther part  the lefty liberal machine is in dissarey love it on all fronts

Wishfull thinking mate I realy hope to feck you are right tbh I am that fed up of all the crap being spouted from politicians I have gave up listening to the fekers.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, BGD said:

Can't see how that answers any of the questions in my post or indeed how it relates to it at all...

Did you quote the wrong post or something? :huh:

No , 

if the border goes up, as in erected , a house straddling it would be bought out and levelled , too much at stake 

My uncles house was in the way of a designated bypass on the 74 to Glasgow,

he thought he could sit tight and hold out for a better offer 

he was compulsory purchased and slung out on his ear 

the bigger scheme of things makes your rhetoric irrelevant 

• Like 1

I can almost guarantee nothing is going to happen, all this is bollocks for another reason but there definitely won’t be a border worth worrying about.

A few people will use this latest bit of tabloid bollocks to dust off their Micheal Collins t-shirts and run round talking about 6 blokes in a post office one Easter with some knocked off Lee Enfields.......some other idiots from the other side will get the Jonny Adair haircut and a massive gold chain from Argos and run round talking about Top Gun Stevie back in the day and then it will all be forgotten and that will be it.

shite, pure f***ing shite 

• Like 1

As a wise man once said 

“it’s almost too embarrassing for words!” 

One of the best indications of how the rest of the world saw the troubles was when Michael Stone stayed on the mainland for a t v show, the recelptionist asked him “if he’d been in the IRA long? “ 

I wonder if he thought about the nonsense lifestyle he had wastefully lived as he heard those words? 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, WILF said:

I’ll repeat, we were obligated to give nothing......exactly nothing !!

I have to ask myself why are the UK now saying they will hand over 50 BILLION quid.......that’s 50 BILLION like it’s pocket change !

Everyone does a lot of business, the tax revenue the EU and the future independent UK do/will get from that business is gargantuan......so I have to ask myself, why are we even having the conversation ?

Theres an angle I can’t clearly see yet but I’ll bet my bollocks it involves making yet another excuse to rob every poor c**t blind !! 

The so called "divorce bill" covers obligations the UK has already signed up to for the current budget period of the EU (https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/eu-divorce-bill), sure they could just walk away and say they're not paying anything but that would have a negative impact on the future working relationship between the EU and UK. It wouldn't be a great look when it comes to striking trade deals with other countries going forward either.

24 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

No , 

if the border goes up, as in erected , a house straddling it would be bought out and levelled , too much at stake 

My uncles house was in the way of a designated bypass on the 74 to Glasgow,

he thought he could sit tight and hold out for a better offer 

he was compulsory purchased and slung out on his ear 

the bigger scheme of things makes your rhetoric irrelevant 

So the farms, villages and houses would be bought up and the folk living there turfed out and you don't think that sort of action might stoke up old tensions? Very optimistic indeed. And I suppose those folk who cross the border for work would either need to get working visas or find new jobs? Again I'm sure folk will be fine with that.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’m not personally involved at this level of European Union negotiations but I’m sure people would be fine with it when they’re compensated 

Not a hope of it.......

Edited by VOON

It’s in the EUs interest to make everything as difficult as possible, if they make leaving as easy as it could be then every nation capable of standing on its own feet will be doing it.

The EU exists purely to give non starters like Niel Kinnock a 200,000 a year job for life.......it serves no other purpose now days.

55 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

As a wise man once said 

“it’s almost too embarrassing for words!” 

One of the best indications of how the rest of the world saw the troubles was when Michael Stone stayed on the mainland for a t v show, the recelptionist asked him “if he’d been in the IRA long? “ 

I wonder if he thought about the nonsense lifestyle he had wastefully lived as he heard those words? 

The troubles were embarrassing. lol. What in the same way the Iraq war was for the British. Tell me again exactly what that confict was about? 

I never said it was embarrassing did I? 

So don’t come over all “woe is me” 

the troubles couldn’t have occurred anywhere else in the world , the microcosmic environs of Ulster / NOI allowed a set of circumstances which unfortunately allowed it to perpetuate 

I wouldn’t know anything about Iraq