When Is A Bitch Ready To Stand

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grass

So if I wake up and bang the missus, get up get my breakfast go back up and give her another rattle. Go walk the dogs come home and she's the dinner on, bend her over the bench and blow the spuds into

Folks should do alot of research before breeding there dog's. More to it then just throwing 2 dog's in a kennel and letting them do mate. And if 1 gotta ask the question about the first step, then forget about the next step. Go talk to a vet, watch someone you know that is having a litter. Just Do some research.

Not just throwing 2 dogs together, its took me ages to find the right dog for my bitch, I've had a few litters out my bitches over the years and I just wanted to know if anyone knows of any other bitch that seems ready but won't let the dog near her
I had a spaniel bitch that wouldn't stand for one dog but when trying with a different dog she backed straight into him swung back the tail and nearly put it in for him. Maybe she's high maintenance and fussy. An experienced dog breeder (OR PEDDLAR) that is used to doing large amounts of tying would do it for you in jig time and know if they are ready. Even if you have to pay a small fee. It's not always a simple task.

And the bitch I'm trying to get lined has already had a litter about 3 years ago so she's not a stranger to it.

Put some photos up of your bitch.
That's the bitch on my profile picture, or did u mean her business end????

Both!!!

Me and a pal lined 2 dogs a bit ago and she stood for a cuple of days they tied about 5 times

then ABout 2 weeks later she came in season again they tied again another 3 times I was dubious and thought somthing hadednt gone right but it looks like she's busting at the moment

I wouldn't let them mate 5 times in a couple day's. Your supposed to do every other day and get 3 good ties.

Says who ??????

There's an awful lot of bullshit talked regarding breeding when most of it comes down to common sense.

If both dog and bitch are on the same yard let him serve her 'till she refuses.

If I was travelling a distance to a stud dog with a bitch then every second day is for my convenience not the bitches.

Nor is it anything to do with the semen quality because good healthy stud dogs and stallions regularly cover more than one a day succesfully.

Me and a pal lined 2 dogs a bit ago and she stood for a cuple of days they tied about 5 times

then ABout 2 weeks later she came in season again they tied again another 3 times I was dubious and thought somthing hadednt gone right but it looks like she's busting at the moment

I wouldn't let them mate 5 times in a couple day's. Your supposed to do every other day and get 3 good ties.

Says who ??????

There's an awful lot of bullshit talked regarding breeding when most of it comes down to common sense.

If I was travelling a distance to a stud dog with a bitch then every second day is for my convenience not the bitches.

Nor is it anything to do with the semen quality because good healthy stud dogs and stallions regularly cover more than one a day succesfully.

so what your saying is you throw your dog out there and let them tie as much as they want and as many times you want?

Says who ??????

and yes it does tire the male out and also reduces the sperm.. You would think you would know this. That's why every other day is recommended. Call your vet he will explain it to you. Lol

Says who ??????

and yes it does tire the male out and also reduces the sperm.. You would think you would know this. That's why every other day is recommended. Call your vet he will explain it to you. Lol

Read the last sentence in my post. That's the one at the bottom where it says that stud dogs and stallions often cover more than one female in a day, successfully.

A vet would be the last person I would ring regarding dog management and you put words in my mouth by saying I'd throw the dog and bitch together to breed nilly willy. Please don't do that.

A top greyhound here in Ireland a few years ago was covering bitches 4 days a week. On the other 3 days they took 3 straws of him each day.

So you reckon they hadn't a clue.

The top thoroughbred stallions in the world are on Coolmore Stud. Their stallions will cover more than one mare a day.

A multi million $$$$$$$ stud and you reckon they haven't a clue.

Fair play.

That's not what I meant and I apologize for it coming out that way. And dogs and horse are a big difference. And yes the sperm count goes down the more they f**k. That's commen sense. That's why it's recommended to bred every other day not everyday. If you blew your wad 2 3 times in a day it won't be as much as the first one. Meaning the sperm count went down. Show me proof that this dog was f***ing 4 days a week then had good strong straws pulled. Sorry don't believe that. He must of been a freak and on a big dose of sperm up! The reason you do every other day so they keep there sperm count high. For the trolls goggle it. The folks that do everyday and a couple times a day are folks that don't know what there doing otherwise they wouldn't have to

That's not what I meant and I apologize for it coming out that way. And dogs and horse are a big difference. And yes the sperm count goes down the more they f**k. That's commen sense. That's why it's recommended to bred every other day not everyday. If you blew your wad 2 3 times in a day it won't be as much as the first one. Meaning the sperm count went down. Show me proof that this dog was f***ing 4 days a week then had good strong straws pulled. Sorry don't believe that. He must of been a freak and on a big dose of sperm up! The reason you do every other day so they keep there sperm count high. For the trolls goggle it. The folks that do everyday and a couple times a day are folks that don't know what there doing otherwise they wouldn't have to

Are you speaking from first hand experience???

Are you speaking from first hand experience???
not sure what you mean?

And the bitch I'm trying to get lined has already had a litter about 3 years ago so she's not a stranger to it.

Put some photos up of your bitch.
That's the bitch on my profile picture, or did u mean her business end????

Both!!!

I will get round to putting pics on, maybe tomorrow, got to do it through our lass's phone.

I no a greyhound bitch that wouldn't stand till here 23rd day any time she was mated and always had a fine litter. A qualifier or 2 for clonmel every year

funny b*****ds greyhounds,knew of a vans escalade bitch that had the whole heat over and done with in 4 dayz.