Worst Job You've Ever Had ?

had loads, but one sticks in my mind as the worst, back in the late 60s early 70s was in a approved school, for the last year we were sent out to work in a chicken factory, we was given all the shit jobs and plenty of stick from the locals if we retaliated we were proper caned when we got back

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I boxed when i was a teenager and after a club match at Corby a fellah asked one of our trainers if he knew a couple of big lads to go on the doors at his pub at Stilton on the A1, two lads were up f

Was a bus driver for 3 weeks had to give it up didn't like people talking behind my back .

I once took a second job as pot wash in the Cunning Man pub in Burghfield near Reading - I didn't mind the job but, the head chef was a complete c**t - a proper Gordon ramsey wannabe.   I stormed ou

Posted Images

Another awful job I had was delivering papers and leaflets to the tower blocks on the pepys estate in Deptford. No working lifts every stairwell full of rubbish including faeces. Junkies laying about in their own vomit. Several loose aggressive dogs roaming about. Even had africans with knives come running out screaming at me when I put a leaflet through their door !!! Terrible filthy frightening job and exhausting doing the stairs

Is that 5hit hole still standing ? I used to go in The Sultan in Lewisham and The Amersham in New Cross.....knew a lass who lived on the Pepys, but I wouldn't go anywhere near the godforsaken hole !

Security work didn't mind it at the beginning but then it all changed (duty of care) so I had to make sure the bloke who had just spat at me got into a taxi or I'd have lost my job. Didn't say I had to tell driver his desired destination though. Had its good points but never again.

Another awful job I had was delivering papers and leaflets to the tower blocks on the pepys estate in Deptford. No working lifts every stairwell full of rubbish including faeces. Junkies laying about in their own vomit. Several loose aggressive dogs roaming about. Even had africans with knives come running out screaming at me when I put a leaflet through their door !!! Terrible filthy frightening job and exhausting doing the stairs

Is that 5hit hole still standing ? I used to go in The Sultan in Lewisham and The Amersham in New Cross.....knew a lass who lived on the Pepys, but I wouldn't go anywhere near the godforsaken hole !

Haven't been in the sultan for probably 25 years don't know if it is even still there. The Amersham used to have lot of good local.bands but again it's been a long time. We mostly used the birds nest on Deptford church Street. Peps estate should have been torched years ago. There are stabbings almost every week. My oldest sister lives on the edge of the place in a little house and I do worry for her.

Haven't been in the sultan for probably 25 years don't know if it is even still there. The Amersham used to have lot of good local.bands but again it's been a long time. We mostly used the birds nest on Deptford church Street. Peps estate should have been torched years ago. There are stabbings almost every week. My oldest sister lives on the edge of the place in a little house and I do worry for her.

My brother lives in Deptford,been there 20+ years,loves the place,says its like a posh sunderland.

My brother lives in Deptford,been there 20+ years,loves the place,says its like a posh sunderland.

Deptford has definitely changed in the last 20 years. When I grew up there it was a poor tough working class mostly white area people didn't work because they couldn't find jobs. Nowadays the bad bits are worse than ever imagined full of every kind of human filth you can imagine and some types you never could even dream existed. But the ridiculous house prices in London have meant that other streets are full of well to do city workers who have taken advantage of the lower prices in the area. Bit like Brixton 20 years ago. So Deptford now is totally polarised into reasonably nice streets and then estates that look like scenes from a hieronymous bosch painting

https://goo.gl/images/vDj9Gu

• Like 1

worked for dyno=rod for a while, caught a splash in my eye, which got infected and blew up like a balloon! last straw was when the other fella got covered in shite when the jetting went wrong, the only reason it wasn't me was I was having a fag in the van

• Like 2